Ragnarokkr 2014: IDOLATRY

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Idolatry is the next mainstage act for Ragnarokkr 2014. This band features an ex-member of the Texas Devasation. They will be playing lots of songs from the Idolatry album as well. For you fans of the heavy stuff...this one is for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another band no one is familiar with nor cares about here

Actually you are a bit wrong there. The thing is they are just pretty much known to the people who grew up with death metal an dove a little deeper into it than just those surface names like Morbid Angel, Obituary, etc... Well Devastation is anyway.
I have all three albums from Devastation and quite looking forward to seeing them (well a Devastation cover band it seems from what I'm gathering). Admittedly I think it was a odd pick to fill a death metal slot, as I said I think you have to really know the genre to know this band (Devastation that is). However they are classic and 'Idolatry' is one of the best death metal albums out there, certainly top 100
On a side note; all you guys dissing these bands because it is not your particular genre or assuming that "no one is familiar with nor cares about" are kind of being asses and make yourself look like douches. We all know how close minded and pertinacious everyone can be while posing in their patched up denim vest, but seriously just because you have no clue about something doesn't mean others might not.

and a little Ragnarokkr fact....the main guy in Devastation was at the fest last year as a fan.

As much as it is an oddball...once death metal fans find out who this band is....some will be there for them. While not the best pick it was there for a reason.

and a little Ragnarokkr fact....the main guy in Devastation was at the fest last year as a fan.

As much as it is an oddball...once death metal fans find out who this band is....some will be there for them. While not the best pick it was there for a reason.

Oh definitely. I figured that was part of the thinking. Like I said, I just hadn't heard of them, doesn't mean I think it's a bad choice. I'd take a listen for sure as I like some of the heavier stuff.

I love when it is called "the heavier stuff", makes me think of the people who refer to Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull s a singular person. HAHA

It blows that the Devastation stuff is no longer available.

I finished high school long before Devil Driver were around. How young do you think I am?

Fine, then they probably like Coal Chamber.
Same difference.

Bottom line, they probably have bad taste in music.

While not for everyone, Pink Floyd is one of rock's most brilliant bands of all time.

THE WALL and DARK SIDE OF THE MOON were two of the first 10 or so records I ever owned.

That is one band where having the complete package (IE - gatefold LP and inserts) really enhance the experience of the record.

i was also a big fan of the movie the WALL too. So messed up but insightful.

One of my biggest regrets was missing them on the two tours I could have gone to, first being for Momentary LApse of Reason, and then later on for the Division Bell.