Ragnarokkr 2015: SALEM'S WYCH

Yeah, I know what you mean Jeremy,
But let's be honest.
Discovering obscure bands from the 80's is a big part of the current new breed of underground metal fans. The web has made it possible for many bands to have a career again. Without it, more and more bands would go even further deeper into obscurity.

OVerall it is a cool thing, but yeah, it does give rise to a lot of bands performing again who aren't truly ready for it.

I have heard of a lot of bands who reform to play MAJOR festivals even though the majority of members haven't touched their instrument in 15 to 20 years.

Though for Ragnarokkr, it is perfect.
I really like the formula that has been working well the past two years:
- Known headliners (Omen, Oz, Riot, Reaper)
- Chicago classic bands (Winterhawk, Amulance, Tyrants Reign, Slauter X, Damien Thorne, etc)
- Obscure bands (Ashbury, Crowhaven)
- New Blood (Night Demon, Borrowed Time, Axxion, etc, etc)

I like Jason more and more every time I come to the forum.

well it isn't really an opinion...it is what the fest has been doing every year. Any smart fest would follow in that same tradition really. having older bands and newer bands.

Look at all the euro fest and even some of the ones here like ProgPower and MDF...they do the same thing.

well it isn't really an opinion...it is what the fest has been doing every year.

Absolutely!!!

And more importantly, Ragnarokkr has been doing it without straying too far from the original sub genres of metal (hardly at all in fact).

This is something many other festivals can not truly say for themselves.

This is totally off-topic but this band is from a city 3 hours from me. I got to meet one of the guys once at a record shop. I'm not a huge fan of the EP though, I prefer Zion's Abyss (who are from my city)

Jeremy: I didn't mean to come off like an asshole or anything but sometimes the way you word your posts makes it sound like you've got an axe to grind

I was listening to their album a few days ago, that is serious a really good power metal album.