Rainbow live albums?

On Stage is a brilliant live album. Dio is great on it and all of the songs are extended with huge jams.

As Gorey said, both albums I think have the same songs, but doesnt Live in Germany have extras like Stargazer? Stargazer is my favorite :headbang:

On Stage has Kill the King, Man on the Silver Mountain/Starstruck, Catch the Rainbow, Mistreated, 16th Century Greensleeves, Still I'm Sad

Live 76 has the same songs in a different order, plus Do You Close Your Eyes. And it's a double CD. A double CD with only eight songs! :kickass:

The version I have is actually called "Live In Europe", but it was taken from show in '76. Track listing (with times) is:

Disc 1 :
Track 1 : 05:25 : Kill The King
Track 2 : 16:00 : Mistreated
Track 3 : 07:50 : Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
Track 4 : 14:50 : Catch The Rainbow

Disc 2 :
Track 1 : 13:37 : Man On The Silver Mountain
Track 2 : 17:10 : Stargazer
Track 3 : 15:00 : Still I'm Sad
Track 4 : 09:45 : Do You Close Your Eyes

That is the one I have weetbix :headbang:

I like the studio version of Stargazer better I must admit.

There is a rainbow compilation called Finyl Vinyl that I have and it has the best version of Beethovens 9th. Fuckin awesome soloing and playing from Blackmore with some jap orchestra backing up. Sounds sweet.

It is known amongst the die hards that Rainbow Onstage is editted to the shit with the songs chopped up and order swapped around so they could fit the recordings onto the original double vinyl albums. Live in Germany is a more complete representation but I guess it is debatable which is better considering Onstage is more so an official Rainbow release while Live in Germany came out much much later and not via Polydor.

I still enjoy Onstage but interesting to know slabs of songs ended up on the cutting room floor so the songs could fit on a side of vinyl.

While we are talkin about Rainbow. Do you guys rate the song EYES OF THE WORLD from the Down to earth album. I reckon it is one og the best songs that Blackmore and Roger Glover wrote together... including their Purple days. It has everything, and a great performance from Graham Bonnet

Eyes of the World is quite epic. Dio era is my favourite but I own everything they have done. Interesting to download some of the Rising original mixes from the net recently. There is talk that Rainbow will again reform with Joe Lynn Turner. A Ronnie James Dio / Blackmore re-union would get the most respect but someone how I dont think the egos and money splits demands will let that happen.

There are Blackmore/Dio reunion rumors every year. Dio has said he would love to if the terms were right. I think it would be up to RB to initiate it which I dont see happening.

I dont really rate the JLT era stuff. I have all the albums, but when I think rainbow, I think Dio era. Down to earth is a good album though, and so is Stranger In Us All. I erally like that album alot. Sounds more like the DIo era and is a bit heavier than the JLT shit.

Wolf to the Moon, Ariel, Black Masquerade, Hall of the Mountain King, Hunting Humans are all great tracks

"Doogie" White is a great singer (Dio meets Tony Martin) and I agree Stranger is quite a strong album but maybe the Dio comparison is what got him the chop? Dio, Bonnet and Turner all had their own uniqueness. Ariel is another epic!

Dio and Blackmore coming to terms? Ronnie getting more money than Ritchie? Ronnie getting the same money as Ritchie. Can't see it happening.

I quite like all the Blackmore's Night material except wife Candice can't hold a note live. Would still enjoy a new Rainbow electric rock album.