Ralf Scheepers solo album

Iced Dog

The Stormrider's Pooch
Sep 29, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
www.facebook.com
http://www.bravewords.com/news/76668

Frontiers Records has announced the signing of RALF SCHEEPERS for the production of his first solo album. Best known for being the singer of German power metal legends PRIMAL FEAR, Ralf cut his teeth with TYRAN PACE first and GAMMA RAY later, the band that he put up together with former HELLOWEEN guitar player Kai Hansen.

World renowned for his amazing range and high-pitched singing voice, sometimes reminiscent of JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD, Scheepers finally decided to work on a solo album.

“It is definitely going to be a metal album, but I will surely explore some different sounds and ways to exploit my voice”, says the German singer who is right now touring with Primal Fear throughout the world in support of their chartbreaker album New Religion.

“I will call a few friends and guests, which will make this record a very special one, but all details will be revealed at a later stage.”

The solo album will be recorded during the winter 2008 under the direction of Scheeper’s bandmate in Primal Fear Mat Sinner with additional input by Scheepers himself, Achim Koehler and Charlie Bauerfeind. The label looks for a release during the summer of next year.

:kickass:

I am happy to hear this but if he wants to do a solo album why not break the ties with Sinner, Koehler and Bauerfeind and really try something new and different... Work with some different people and really spread his wings...the guy has so much untapped potential... just my 3 cents...

I am happy to hear this but if he wants to do a solo album why not break the ties with Sinner, Koehler and Bauerfeind and really try something new and different... Work with some different people and really spread his wings...the guy has so much untapped potential... just my 3 cents...

Thank you.
I never understood solo albums that pretty much sound the same as the band you are already in. Furthermore, those where the "guest" musicians are pretty much folks from the same mold.

Hey, to each his own, but in all honesty, it seems like a huge waste of money for the label.

Well, I have never checked up on these things, but I can't imagine that sales of Cans, Luca Turilli, Warmen, Kotipelto (SP???), etc. even come to 25% of the sales of each person's respective band. Add to the fact that those releases differ VERY little from the bands they are already in.

Sorry, for the most part, these seem like a waste of time. The artists say they do it to expand a bit and break away. For the most part, the album ends up sounding as exactly what you would expect, as they need to to ensure sales. Therefore, the original purpose ends up being defeated.

I know few may agree, but that is my take on it.

Well, those aren't really good examples, because in the cases you listed the singers wanted something not too far off from what their own bands were doing, but wanted to explore an aspect of the sound that they probably couldn't get away with or that fellow band members resisted.

I mean, if the Cans album had been a Hammerfall album I can't see it going over very well because the album is much darker and slower. The Luca Turilli albums are symphonic fantasy metal, but that's where the similarities to Rhapsody end. The first one may have been similar, but the second was a space opera with a more futuristic sound and the latest one was um, something.

And Kotipelto, geez, that's mostly a very bad attempt at simplistic classic 80s metal. Those albums are leagues below Stratovarius' weakest albums in terms of song quality.