Ran / Fernandes Guitars

I've owned both a Fernandes Vertigo X (cheap) and Vertigo Elite (top end) and I actually prefered the feel of the cheap one. Got it for $150, too, heh. The expensive one definitely looked nicer and felt more solid, and the sounds weren't very comparable because I had an EMG 81 in the cheap one and a Seymour duncan distortion in the nice one, but I remember the nice one sounding a bit muddy, which may have been because I was used to the 81 in the cheap one.

A buddy of mine got himself a Ran Invader Custom (the V shape), unfortunately it got stolen last year.

It was a very nice guitar, good workmanship quality and sound. I really liked the neck profile, reminded me alot of my Jackson's necks.
He paid 1400 EURO for it, but I regularly hear about Ran increasing the prices as they get more known over the years.

I've had some clients come in with a RAN.
really nice guitars, look great, play and sound good.
I'd still pick an ESP or USA Jackson over a RAN any day of the week, the quality is still better IMO. (not that the RAN isn't good, the ESPs just resonate more and sound better IMO)

Beeing from Poland i'm acctualy surprised to hear about Ran, 8 years ago i remember they were subpar to epiphone and one of the cheapest guitars on the market. and now, wow, i'm impressed. It's kinda a similar story to Laboga amps.

hi,

i have a Randy Rhoads built by RAN, in 2006.
Its really a great sounding guitar and the playabillity is also very good,
here are pictures of her from the ran gallery:
zIMG_6178.jpg

zIMG_6192.jpg

zIMG_6235.jpg

the inlay work is flawless, unplugged, its great sounding, very good resonating, but i wasnt happy with the Seymour Duncan Pickup, so later on i replaced it with a bareknuckle, now its really perfect for me.

if you know what you want, and you can give them detailed specifications, you will not get a bad suprise, but a great guitar.
If your are not sure about that, then its best that you go into a shop and try different guitars and take the one you like the best.

i have different other guitars in my "collection", compared to the jackson rr3 of my wife, the ran rules alot over it.
compared to my esp eclipse, both are equal, altough both are sounding completly different, acoustic (unplugged) and electric, but each in his own beauty.

compared to my forge embrace and my bernie rico,
the ran doesnt even come close in tone an playbillity, but also not my esp eclipse.

i´m also experienced with some prs guitars and jacksons (usa selected and custom shops), unfortunatly, i dont own one of these, but these are also not really comparable to the ran. but also costs alot more than it

at the end, for me the ran is a great sounding and playable guitar for a great price (i have paid 1400 Euro incl shipping and case back then, but i assume it would cost a few hundred more now).

Thats from my point of view.
cheers
exoslime

A buddy of mine got himself a Ran Invader Custom (the V shape), unfortunately it got stolen last year.

It was a very nice guitar, good workmanship quality and sound. I really liked the neck profile, reminded me alot of my Jackson's necks.
He paid 1400 EURO for it, but I regularly hear about Ran increasing the prices as they get more known over the years.

Damn thieves. Sucks for the price increase but good to hear they have some good guitars although I'm not a huge fan of the Jackson neck. Thanks man!

I've had some clients come in with a RAN.
really nice guitars, look great, play and sound good.
I'd still pick an ESP or USA Jackson over a RAN any day of the week, the quality is still better IMO. (not that the RAN isn't good, the ESPs just resonate more and sound better IMO)

I've never had the chance to see one in person so it's good to hear your opinion. It always seems likes ESP always prevails somehow or another. I always get tempted to dump my Gibson for one!

Beeing from Poland i'm acctualy surprised to hear about Ran, 8 years ago i remember they were subpar to epiphone and one of the cheapest guitars on the market. and now, wow, i'm impressed. It's kinda a similar story to Laboga amps.

Wow, well I'm glad to hear they've gone to higher levels with their guitars. Thanks!

hi,

i have a Randy Rhoads built by RAN, in 2006.
Its really a great sounding guitar and the playabillity is also very good,

the inlay work is flawless, unplugged, its great sounding, very good resonating, but i wasnt happy with the Seymour Duncan Pickup, so later on i replaced it with a bareknuckle, now its really perfect for me.

if you know what you want, and you can give them detailed specifications, you will not get a bad suprise, but a great guitar.
If your are not sure about that, then its best that you go into a shop and try different guitars and take the one you like the best.

i have different other guitars in my "collection", compared to the jackson rr3 of my wife, the ran rules alot over it.
compared to my esp eclipse, both are equal, altough both are sounding completly different, acoustic (unplugged) and electric, but each in his own beauty.

compared to my forge embrace and my bernie rico,
the ran doesnt even come close in tone an playbillity, but also not my esp eclipse.

i´m also experienced with some prs guitars and jacksons (usa selected and custom shops), unfortunatly, i dont own one of these, but these are also not really comparable to the ran. but also costs alot more than it

at the end, for me the ran is a great sounding and playable guitar for a great price (i have paid 1400 Euro incl shipping and case back then, but i assume it would cost a few hundred more now).

Thats from my point of view.
cheers
exoslime

Hey man thanks for your insight. I thought the guitars would have a higher quality in comparison to what some of you guys have been saying. You pretty much have to get one custom if I'm correct? Personally, sounds like too much money for something I will never be able to try out before I play! Thanks for the input and bad ass guitar! :kickass: