Randall MTS audio clips

Jan 10, 2005
Friend of mine found a page with a bunch of MTS sound clips. Not sure if everyone has heard these yet but I thought I'd post it up just in case. I've wanted an MTS for a long time, since they came out basically, just to have something that versatile. I never found any sound clips that justified buying it, but these clips sound good. A lot of room sound on the clips though, which is annoying, but you can still hear the amp's tone throughout each module. Anyway, check it out, if nothing else at least you get to hear what it sounds like it.

I think I may be in the market for the rackmount unit that you can put 4 modules into and run it to a poweramp and cabinet. I think I have a Peavey Classic 60/60 somewhere, or I could just use the FX Loop return on either my JSX (EL34) or Dual Recto (6L6+Rectifier tubes). Seems neat to me...

~e.a

I think the MTS line is better at the Vox & Fender tones than the hi-gain stuff. The one exception is the 1086 which sounds like a Rectifier/JCM hybrid and is a blast to play.

I use the RM20b and it is great for studio use: 15 watts, el84's, celestion greenback, XLR DI out, FX Loop, and a dummy load "silent" switch for silent use of the DI out.

I think the MTS line is better at the Vox & Fender tones than the hi-gain stuff. The one exception is the 1086 which sounds like a Rectifier/JCM hybrid and is a blast to play.

I use the RM20b and it is great for studio use: 15 watts, el84's, celestion greenback, XLR DI out, FX Loop, and a dummy load "silent" switch for silent use of the DI out.

Out of all my amps (several Rack units, 5150, Budda SuperDrive II 80, VTM's, a few fenders, GX130C, etc) I miss my Rm100 the most.

I loaded it with 3 JJ E34l's and some Ruby KT88's with the recto module (with different caps to tighten it up) Jesus Christ, it was :worship:

yeah these sound pretty damn good. and the new as i lay dying was done with the ultra lead module if i remember correctly from hearing off this forum...

i may need to get one of these in the future

You know what I like most about the modular concept? It's not the convenience, and it's not the versatility.

What I like most is the idea of being able to satisfy periodic bouts of new amp gearlust for $200-300 instead of $500-2000. :kickass:

yeah its a cool amp. i'd like to try some more of the modules and mods, but i've barely gotten to use it at all, and dont have a satisfying cab =/