Randall T2(HH) vs. Randall RD100 Diavlo

Hi there!

I'm playing the T2HH (Heaven & Hell Gus G-signature) since 2010 and honestly I'm still pleased with this beast. Additionally, it is build like a tank.

Just for the GAS I'm now thinking about switch to another, newer Randall amp. I was struggling between the Thrasher 50 and the RD100 but the Thrasher is quite a lot more expensive and maybe look rather weird on my 4x12 Randall XL cab ;-)

What do you guys think: is it a good idea to sell the T2HH and buy a RD100 from the diavlo series? Unfortunately there's no local dealer here so that I can't check it out personally.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have a Randall V2 that is quiet similar to the T2 and i like that one a lot. I had a Diavlo RD45 lended once and was not really satisfied. Extreme dark amp even with cranked treble. Not that bad but the V2 is way better..and i bet the T2 also

EDIT: What if I throw in the Randall Thrasher 50? For me it's about 150€ more than the Diavlo RD100...

I'm pretty sure it'll sound wicket but the small form factor and the missing adjustable FX loop somehow holds be back. And of course there's the RD100 as a good alternative...

My bandmate has the RD45 and I quite like it. Didn't find it to be too dark at all. I'm considering getting one.

I have a Randall T2H and T2HH on the way. After owning the regular T2 before and amp whoring for a while I'm going back to Randall for good. There's just something about the voicing and tight low end/response that just works for me. I did have a Fortin rd45 head before and it seemed to have a nasally quality to the sound that i couldnt seem to dial out. I should have spent more ti.e with it though as i picked it up for wicked cheap.