Random mumble on Axe-Fx Ultra and clips!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
Yea so since I'm the match EQ geekster of the forum I got the Axe-Fx to try and match EQ some tones and possibly use them live. I don't think there's much use to have like 30 different high gain amps that all sound very similar but it doesn't really matter since they are all tweakable to whatever you want them to sound like. And with match EQ I'm planning on having my Rockerverb tones within the Axe-Fx so that's a cool trick to downsize your live rig. Side note... don't use the Citrus model.

Anyways if there are Axe-Fx users on this forum I'm willing to share my patches. Just simply ask me. Here's my KILLSWITCH ENGAGE patch:

Here's my John Petrucci patch:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! Can't think of a reason to not use this live. Like you said, it is a severe downsize from an entire stack + rack/pedalboard effects, and probably more consistent too (guessing you send it straight to foh). I would love to have one myself.

Yeah exactly. I can copy my rig tones into this box and add all the effects I want (effects that in real life would be impossible) and I can literally walk to the gig with my guitar on my back, Axe-Fx in a 2U rack and a midi board in my other hand. Huge tone... Would definitely recommend this to anyone. :)