Random Stuff Taking Up Space That Must Go!

sys_fail_you

Jul 22, 2009
All buyers pay shipping. Paypal only.
Expect a fast response, this is checked quite frequently.

mics-

Rode NT1A ldc - SOLD
Karma K-6 ribbon(damaged casing) - SOLD
Chinese "Audix" drum kit pack rebranded under Phoenix (rebrand import)- 2 overhead sdc, 1 kick, 4 tom/snare - $100
MXL 990+991 ldc+sdc - $50

outboard-

ART DPSII pre+A/D - $180 (never used)
Symetrix 488 8 ch limiter - SOLD Thanks OzOfNash!

plugins-

Slate Digital Trigger Platinum - Never used. $170 buyer will have to contact Slate Digital and pay them a $30 fee for account setup and licensed file creation. I will be paying the $25 to iLok for transfer fees.

Cant find any info on this Phoenix Re-Brand ....

That would be because they are now called Karma Mics. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that "Phoenix" was already being used by some clever Brits.

P.S. - You didn't look very hard. ;)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phoenix+drum+mics

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNGosGqnoLlE7sjh9lVUGjf_ehzJBw&cad=rja

From my eBay receipt:
Details for Item number: 220100120362
Item URL: http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392...e=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=220100120362
Sale Date: Saturday, Apr 07, 2007, 01:04:45 PDT
Seller: karmamics (sales@karmamics.com) [contact seller]
Payment details: Visa/Mastercard, Cashier Checks,Money Orders and Paypal accepted. Buyer to pay $15 for US shipping/handling. We also ship to Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia,South America, Mexico & Central America,and Carribbean.
Seller Information
Belinda Lee
Cupertino, CA 95014 United States

:popcorn:

What I am trying to do is substantiate your "Audix" claim. I see nothing anywhere stating that these are actually re-branded Audix mics.

:guh:

The Audix DP7 kit goes for $899 most places.
The Audix FP7 kit goes for $479 most places.

While Audix kits are the closest in both form and function, if these were actual Audix mics with a different sticker I would most definitely be charging more than a $100. :popcorn:

Let me help you substantiate:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chinese+oem+mic+manufacturers

I think you would love my NT1a. It's a Joly-Mod away from being a U87. :Smug:

ninja-kitten-defeats-dog-with-google-search-skills-always.jpg

All in good fun!

Well this statement:

"Chinese "Audix" drum kit pack rebranded under Phoenix (rebrand import)- 2 overhead sdc, 1 kick, 4 tom/snare - $100"

Makes it sound like they are re-branded Audix Mics.

This raises 2 red flags of common sense: 1. Chinese "Audix" is an oxymoron (see following quote) 2. There is no way in hell an Audix kit by any name is going to sell for only $100, unless the USD is severely deflated (like that is going to happen any time soon :tickled:). If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

I know you mean well, and there should be more people out there willing to call bullshit when they see it. I am just busting your balls for fun, so don't take it personally. Next time, try coming off less like Glen Beck and more like, well, someone who checks facts. As soon as one person in conversation has to go on defense, all meaningful dialog ceases.

About Audix

25 Years of Excellence

Audix, a wholly owned American Corporation, was founded in 1984 in Redwood City, California. Moving to their home base in Oregon in 1991, Audix is a shining example of what can be achieved when a vision is fuelled by imagination, passion, persistence, and hard work. Audix is one of the most recognized microphone companies in the industry, consistently raising the bar in the pro audio world with innovative, award-winning products.

Microphones built to last a lifetime

At a time when most companies are tending to outsource their labor and manufacturing, Audix built a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with an emphasis on R & D, automation, and CNC machining equipment. This not only enables Audix to control the quality of the products from start to finish, it allows for continual improvements and enhancements as new materials and processes become available. While the process of capturing acoustic sound waves and converting them to electronic impulses is very complex and difficult, Audix always strives for the simplest and most elegant solutions. This is apparent from the design and performance of products such as the OM-Series, the D-Series, the Micros, the i-5 and the SCX25A.

Performance is Everything

This simple phrase captures the essence of Audix. When an artist or engineer enters the recording studio or hits the live stage, Audix considers our microphones to be a part of the performance. We thank those of you who own and use our microphones and we hope you will appreciate the dedication and passion that goes into making your product.

Well this statement:

"Chinese "Audix" drum kit pack rebranded under Phoenix (rebrand import)- 2 overhead sdc, 1 kick, 4 tom/snare - $100"

Makes it sound like they are re-branded Audix Mics.

Yeah I still can't figure out why "Audix" is even mentioned in the post. What do these mics have to do with Audix other than "sounding a bit like them" in your personal opinion?

Yeah I still can't figure out why "Audix" is even mentioned in the post. What do these mics have to do with Audix other than "sounding a bit like them" in your personal opinion?

It's a description, and it was supposed to save me from a series messages and questions trying to describe tonal qualities, build, or form.

"Audix" was used to describe these mics in the same fashion that "Neve" is used to describe SCA N72s, or how "Fender/Marshall" would be used to describe my Rivera Knucklehead. I thought it was generally understood and practiced as a meme that " " around the name of a another piece of gear meant similar to when describing something. Regarding opinion:

Opinion is ultimately determined by the feelings, and not by the intellect. - Herbert Spencer
Thanks for the free bumps!