RANT: Asshole Promoters (Testament/Lamb of God Concert in Manila)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the beer and pizza was all you can eat and drink. We filled that VIP place with 400 bottles of beer and 200 boxes of pizza for 150 people! so I didnt really get why these 10 people are bitching about the VIP thing. All my friends from NY were so jealous of us, 6 Dollars to watch a freakin show by LOG and Testament, when I told a US promoter that, he couldn't fucking believe it.

A7, it's not even about the money. We dont get much from VIP because there's not even 200 of you there. Our shows are successful because of the sponsors and the 30,000 ordinary ticket buyers.

standard prices for our shows are from 13 US Dollars to 44 dollars which is the most expensive we have ever charged. we managed to bring the festival's prices down to 6 to 7 dollars and we did it for the kids. VIP area is more expensive because we could have used that place for the media or the bands but we troubled ourselves just to accommodate you VIP buyers.

As I thought ... any suggestion that VIP included All-Access or Meet & Greet, is purely in the imagination of the ticket-buyer.

And thanks to kaye_oz21 for the clarification that VIP publication NEVER included All-Access and M&G. It sounds like an over-zealous fan.

and the beer and pizza was all you can eat and drink. We filled that VIP place with 400 bottles of beer and 200 boxes of pizza for 150 people! so I didnt really get why these 10 people are bitching about the VIP thing. All my friends from NY were so jealous of us, 6 Dollars to watch a freakin show by LOG and Testament, when I told a US promoter that, he couldn't fucking believe it.

A7, it's not even about the money. We dont get much from VIP because there's not even 200 of you there. Our shows are successful because of the sponsors and the 30,000 ordinary ticket buyers.

standard prices for our shows are from 13 US Dollars to 44 dollars which is the most expensive we have ever charged. we managed to bring the festival's prices down to 6 to 7 dollars and we did it for the kids. VIP area is more expensive because we could have used that place for the media or the bands but we troubled ourselves just to accommodate you VIP buyers.

Oh, bullshit. Your boss told me flat-out that the VIP ticket holders would be able to meet the bands backstage. He lied to me and he'll lie to you about what I've said.

And don't give me that bullshit about "not even about the money" when that practically is your business. You guys brought in some Korean boy band last month and then Kelly Clarkson this month. If not for money, then for what?

Shit, I can't believe you even replied here when you could've done that on the Testament forum.

Oh, bullshit. Your boss told me flat-out that the VIP ticket holders would be able to meet the bands backstage. He lied to me and he'll lie to you about what I've said.

And don't give me that bullshit about "not even about the money" when that practically is your business. You guys brought in some Korean boy band last month and then Kelly Clarkson this month. If not for money, then for what?

Shit, I can't believe you even replied here when you could've done that on the Testament forum.

Please tell me you SERIOUSLY didn't believe some "guy" who said your $78 would get you all-access to the band? That's like me saying, "hey dude, for this $50 ticket i'm selling - I'll let you meet the Rolling Stones".

And you bought your ticket AFTER this guy said this verbally or BEFORE?

Please tell me this isn't true. btw: If it's NOT on paper - IT DOESN'T COUNT. That's why you lost the case. Verbal promises are useless, you should know this.

n

Please tell me you SERIOUSLY didn't believe some "guy" who said your $78 would get you all-access to the band? That's like me saying, "hey dude, for this $50 ticket i'm selling - I'll let you meet the Rolling Stones".

And you bought your ticket AFTER this guy said this verbally or BEFORE?

Please tell me this isn't true. btw: If it's NOT on paper - IT DOESN'T COUNT. That's why you lost the case. Verbal promises are useless, you should know this.

n

Yeah well, lessons learned. I'm just doing my part to see that people don't get screwed around like this again.

I'm a regular reader of the COB forum and I happen to stumble upon your post. And last time I checked you don't own ultimate metal, so dont tell me to post my stuff in Testament's forum.

Dude, John Campbell of LOG went to the VIP area that night. but whenever some people asked us we always say that there's no meet and greet and that we can never guarantee it. Your pass there says VIP. it doesnt say MEET and GREET or ALL ACCESS.

Like what was said before, it was never written on paper, never published and never official. Verbal doesnt count and the producer said he never said that VIP is all access. Dude, you can never buy all access, that's just plain ridiculous.

You know what, go check out sonisphere, mayhem or american carnage. you'll get the exact same deal for VIP at a much higher price. there's no meet and greet and VIP area is either on the right or left side but never at the front. And you have to fall in line with the rest of the fans for the cash bar facilities.

I didnt even really want to deal with these complaints because my only concern is to take care of the bands. But when I saw that you post something like this in a forum where I happen to be a member at, I just have to say my piece.

I am a metal fan and a regular in other festivals myself and all our accommodations are designed similiar to what is offered in Sonisphere and ozzfest. Filipino fans just have to accept what the deal is and think long and hard if they want to spend for it or not.

the VIP thing is not about the money Jeremy. because half of the people who were there were complimentary and our guests from the labels and media. The money we earned there are peanuts compared to the money we earn from the regular tickets and other pop shows that you've mentioned. We only have the VIP area because folks like you wanted to be separated from the regular fans. So we obliged.

And don't take it too personally that my boss turned you down for the maidens. He thought that you were offering IRON MAIDEN, not The Iron Maidens.

Well, at least something good came out of this. I've been informed that DTI is drafting new regulations that require concert promoters to secure permits.

And don't take it too personally that my boss turned you down for the maidens. He thought that you were offering IRON MAIDEN, not The Iron Maidens.

How dare you jump to that conclusion. My rant has absolutely nothing with you guys rejecting my proposal to bring the Maidens over. If it did, I wouldn't have gone to your concert in the first place.

pig pen and a view with a net is all we got.. no freebies!! no portalet!! no backstage pass! no discount for the event shirt! :heh:o_O

here is what sonisphere VIP looks like

"Your own private VIP camp site, with toilets, hot showers and separate VIP car parking.
- VIP entrance to the festival for winner and the guest.
- Access to the backstage VIP area with cash-bar and food facilities for winner and guest.
- Extra entertainment in the VIP area.
- Goody bag to the winner.
- VIP pass for winner and guest.
- £100 spending money for the winner.
- £100 worth of camping equipment."

http://music.aol.co.uk/win-vip-tickets-to-sonisphere-festival/article/20090617042309990002

==============

here is what VIP ozzfest says:

"The VIP Packages include exclusive seating (Field - GA Front of Stage access area $499 or Premium Reserved Seating Lower Stands $299); VIP parking (1 pass per order — to be mailed at a later date); access to VIP lounge area with complimentary snacks and water; and access to "Ozzy's Lair" brought to you by ESP Guitars."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100022

=========

here is what Wacken Festival says:

"for EUR 120,00 (incl. EUR 20,00 for Full Metal Service) plus pre-sale-fee EUR 10,00 (you don´t pay more at the advance ticket offices) + postage.

This includes for example.:

> free parking (for any verhicle equaly if car, bus, motorbike, or camper)
> free camping - directly at your vehicle for the W:O:A Feeling (as far as the weather allows it).
> Like before there is no limitation for drinks or any food on the parking- and camping area
> only greenfields and direct ways to the fesivalarea (as far as the weather allows it).
> Shuttle to the Wacken or Schenefeld swimming-bath.
> Garbage will be collected from us for free – No garbage deposit
> Festivalstickers
> free CD
> many little suprises = Full Metal Bag
> and many more...... "

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2010/main-tickets-shop/tickets/

I'm sure you would, if bribe money actually counts.

BTW, the next time you guys stage a VIP section, you may want to do a little more research on other metal venues and what they offer to their VIPs:

Sonisphere VIP Ticket Description

Ozzfest VIP Ticket Description

Thats a very serious allegation, and as its in writting could put the the wrong side of the defamation law.
I suggest, respectfully, that you listen to what everyone has said.
If you were provided with everyhting the ticket mentioned theres no case for the promoter to answer. If it is only the fact you understood that there would eb a meet and greet and its NOT on the ticket, then you have no case to bring.

One word of advice, be carefull what you accuse others of as it may look very very bad with your links to people in power.
Please accept you made the mistake of thinking you bought something you didnt and.....to be very blunt, man up about it abit.

I looke dat the sonisphere links, backstage VIP area also doesnt mean you will get to meet the band.
I got backstage at the reading festival once, but the VIP area was a segregated area and not near the bands, you got to see them walking to the stage, but you didnt get to meet them.
Also the prices for the VIP tickets are a tad more than what you paid.

Slanderous Accusations ... yes, illegal. Good thing they are in print here and hardcopied. I'm sure his "Govt connection" is proud.

Verbal promises from a person not in charge, and not recorded, and not printed on a ticket or pass, have NO legal standing. With all of your slander and verbage, you should have been bright enough to READ the ticket info. Hoping doesn't make it so.

"Man up"? :lol: This ain't gonna happen.

Still, it was worth it to avoid all those piss-filled bottles! :puke:

There is no "ticket" as you call it.. everyone who purchased VIP just got the VIP ID and a ID lace.. and lastly NO RECEIPT.. it was like I bought a stick of cigar on a sidewalk vendor. lol

overall the VIP treatment sucks.. Thanks but no thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.