Rapid Eye Move - Riverside

For somebody who thinks that the past work, while alright and some obvious talnet, is a bit slow, tedious at times, lacks energy and generally... sorry to say it... boring. Is this album likely to change those opinions?

For somebody who thinks that the past work, while alright and some obvious talnet, is a bit slow, tedious at times, lacks energy and generally... sorry to say it... boring. Is this album likely to change those opinions?

No. But if you even remotely liked this band before, this album is going to knock you flat on your ass.

I remotely like them. I want to really like them. But the steady lack of energy or something has kept me away from calling myself a fan. I'll check this album out though.

Well if by energy you mean uptempo songs, there are none to be found on this album. I'd say the closest they got to "high energy" was Artificial Smile on the last album, but they have a lot of power in the emotional delivery of their music that sets them apart from other bands.

It's got elements from both, but leans closer towards Second Life Syndrome most of the time. It does however, introduce a bunch of new elements to their sound.

On a related note, I used to have the same opinion regarding the quality of the debut versus the second album, but with time Second Life Syndrome won me over.

Yes. They got a new lead singer.
It is a woman...her name is Tarja something...

All the people who loved Riverside will hate the new lead singer.
:p

I thought nobody would beat Circus Maximus for the "Album of the Year" award.

Riverside may have done it.
10/10

(Then again, coming from THE biggest Riverside fanboy there will ever be. Yes, more so than Angra. You heard it right.)

As a rule I don't download leaks (I love getting the actual CD and popping it in to listen to it on the release date), but I'm glad to hear it'll be worth the wait. :kickass:

Also, I desperately want this shirt:

RiversidePanicRoomFront.jpg

RiversidePanicRoomTyl.jpg

That shirt is awesome!

Album is probably my favorite album of the year, and its not likely to be topped unless Evergrey pulls out something REALLY special.

I LOVED their last cd 2nd Life Syndrome. I am looking forward to hearing this new one.