Rare and obscure prog rock/AOR gem

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
THe Quest - Change

This British melodic five piece band is exactly what those on this board would like. I think the general consensus is everyone liked the new Sieges Even with their lighter style. This is better in a few ways. Add some keyboards and a singer that is kind of a cross between Michael Sweet and Rik Emmit of Triumph. This just absolutely drips and oozes with warmth and melody and has a positive, uplifting message without being preachy.

It was originally released in 1996 under Now and Then Records. I don't know if the label is still around, but the band is defunct for a while now. It's so hard to imagine a band with this much talent to just come and go like they did. If you can get this somewhere through eBay, Amazon or whatever avenues available, get it. I may have bought one of the last copies in the known world, though. This is as tasty of an album as I've heard in the last decade or so. Grab this one without hesitation, folks. Progressive, AOR, crystal clear singer, positive message, great production. Doesn't get much better. Highest, highest recommendations!

Have fun Google hunting for this...

Scott

Yeap, I've got that one. Pretty good, but not kicking ass imho. I especially liked the comparison with new's Sieges Even, since I find certain similarity: they're both good records, but they keep their sound so mellow that end up like the same tune all along. I get bored after some time, I need more energy, I don't know...

As for the label, it's a pretty huge one, they're focusing on melodic hard rock bands and spreading some great stuff since they started off in the nineties (the british melodic rockers Ten made their career being supported by this label, and they are first class!!!).

Hope this adds some perspective. :)

|ng.