Rascal Flatts live !! sick !!

While I was never able to get into country music, the 4 years I spent in Nashville were the best musical years of my life. The concentration of talented musicians was mind boggling. On any given night, I could catch Peter Frampton, Steve Winwood, an unknown Hungarian bluegrass band that could absolutely shred, or a hungry up and coming act. I discovered my favorite non-metal band while in Nashville, The Floating Men, a southern gothic gumbo of Simon and Garfunkel, the Indigo Girls, and William Faulkner. (Check out Invoking Michealangelo or Song of the The Wind in the Pines if interested).

Thanks for posting this and allowing me to stroll down memory lane.

While I was never able to get into country music, the 4 years I spent in Nashville were the best musical years of my life. The concentration of talented musicians was mind boggling. On any given night, I could catch Peter Frampton, Steve Winwood, an unknown Hungarian bluegrass band that could absolutely shred, or a hungry up and coming act. I discovered my favorite non-metal band while in Nashville, The Floating Men, a southern gothic gumbo of Simon and Garfunkel, the Indigo Girls, and William Faulkner. (Check out Invoking Michealangelo or Song of the The Wind in the Pines if interested).

Thanks for posting this and allowing me to stroll down memory lane.

I'm not a country music fan either, but I went down to Nashville for the first time last year and was amazed by all of the talented bands that play on Broadway. My favorite was an all girl blues-country act called The Tekillyas and the singer/guitarist Beth Garner, who is also a solo artist, can totally shred on guitar!
:headbang:

With his wailings and pitch control as distinguishing features more so than a high register per se, I would like to take the comparison the J-man made and alter it according to my thinking on this;

-I like to think of Levox as the Seventh Wonder-Tommy of country....
:)

I'm a (not so closet) Country fan, and also in the RF camp! Love the songwriting and Gary's voice, and of course those harmonies.

I've actually been listening to more Country than anything else this week, 80's Country channel on aolradio.com - shoot me now fellas! haha.

Also some Vince Gill... another amazing voice of Country.