Rate my Mix

mexey

New Metal Member
Mar 8, 2013
Hi everyone.
Here's the mix from the album, which I currenly recording. I spent a lot of time and did the best I could. Please, let me know what you think about this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I hear from the drums is the snare, everything else is lost. Guitar is honky sounding, maybe try cleaning up it's midrange. I feel like the vox could be compressed harder, I dunno though.

All I hear from the drums is the snare, everything else is lost. Guitar is honky sounding, maybe try cleaning up it's midrange. I feel like the vox could be compressed harder, I dunno though.

Thanks for answer. You're talking about lead or rhythm guitar (or both) ?

Seems like the guitars are eating up a lot of frequencies were the kick and snare should be. Try to remove a lot from the guitar around 100-800 Hz, especially at 200 Hz were the snare is. Also try to High pass the bass at around 70-80 so it wont intervene with the sub freqs from the kick.

I would insert a maximizer on the kick so it gets the extra punch and the guitar must be cleaned up a bit in mid.
Also the screams sounds a little bit to much from the throat sometimes, would be better with more power in the vocals.