rate my tone: Laney VH100R

Nice riff....
The drums do sound a bit funny in times.......
Could you give a bit more info on the post settings?
Was there really need for wagner?

fx-loop send or preamp/line out?
FX-loop send on the dirty channel (the amp has the stock 6L6 tubes, Sovtek ones i think)
Nice riff....
Could you give a bit more info on the post settings?
Was there really need for wagner?
I just used wagner as a second amp, to get some different sounds and to give the mix some extra treble. It's very low in the mix by the way.
Effects used were Voxengo boogex on every track to load the impulses and an EQ to cut the fuzziness at +-4.5 khz. The overall guitar track has the Waves Api compressor on it at a very low ratio.

The settings on wagner were all at noon, except for the mids (1 o'clock) and the mid frequency (11 o'clock).
I used voxengo curveEQ with the 6505 soilwork spectrum on one wagner track.

VH settings (numbers, not clock hours):

Lead channel w/drive:
Presence:7
Reverb:0
Treble: 2
Mids: 6,5
Bass: 2,5
Volume: 1,5
Gain: 8
Drive: 2,5

I'll upload the separate guitartracks asap, but there's something wrong with my internet connection. Both my FTP and soundclick freeze the upload after 500kb :s.

That's a Laney VH100R???
I was about to sell mine because I bought a Mesa Tripple recto.
Give me those settings dude!!!!

Sorry...you already did :)

Yes....I onlyy used my Laney as "amp" to amplify my GNX which I used for my sounds.
hm....guess I have to give that amp a second chanse!
I still haven't found my 'killer tone' out of my tripple recto anyway :)

That's a Laney VH100R???
I was about to sell mine because I bought a Mesa Tripple recto.
Give me those settings dude!!!!

laneys kick ass man very under rated i have a gh50L too fuckin loud
for my room:headbang: (dont sell it!)

Wow...i'd really like to hear the guitar tracks....
You just used a 1 band eq and the Api compressor? just that??? hard to believe i'd say...nice..
The spectrum you mentioned was the "PEAVEY 6505 A3"?

did you use any overdrive pedal with the amp it seems you got alot of gain with the settings (gain and drive) you used, for me i have to you use an overdrive pedal also for more gain and tightness when i use impulses..... i also noticed you put your Volume: 1,5 does that matter when your using impulses?

did you use any overdrive pedal with the amp it seems you got alot of gain with the settings (gain and drive) you used, for me i have to you use an overdrive pedal also for more gain and tightness when i use impulses..... i also noticed you put your Volume: 1,5 does that matter when your using impulses?

i boost the original gain on the lead channel (ch #3 on the amp) and then just add the drive on the amp for extra gain. No pedals in the chain, what you hear is just the VH + wagner.

I put my volume at 1,5 because the laney needs to be turned on at normal volume to give a signal through the FX-send.

the spectrum file was VH100R's PEAVEY 6505 A3 (Lead CH Soilwork) spectrum.

laneys kick ass man very under rated i have a gh50L too fuckin loud
for my room:headbang: (dont sell it!)
+1 on both your statements. Even at rehearsals, i rarely have to raise the volume above 9 o'clock

here are the separate amp clips:

VH100R only:
http://users.telenet.be/accesshome/drumsamples/amp/vhonly.mp3

Wagner only:
http://users.telenet.be/accesshome/drumsamples/amp/wagneronly.mp3

VH+Wagner:
http://users.telenet.be/accesshome/drumsamples/amp/vh+wagner.mp3

is it possible to post a screenshot with the Waves Api compressor with your settings?
api.png