fuck my guitar tones

Jan 23, 2008
Testing out my new interface.... let me know the magnitude of the fail, Its barley drums and guitar, so let me have it.

Sounds sort of CRATE-ish in my mind...kinda makes me ill.

GUITARS-
Gibson 1984 explorer Reissue Emgs-Focusrite saffire 56-TSS-TSE X30- Le cab- (catharisis High pres( something or other) impulse) and little eq.

Drums-
EZ drummer ( if i had money i would upgrade) Some compression on kick and snare and had enough time today to EQ for a bit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1011804&content=songinfo&songID=8372540

the guitars seem to have a nice atmosphere.
i think you just need a little more EQing
maybe a scooping somewhere along the mids in my opinion
and maayybe a little compression if there isnt any yet

I can't hear these riffs without seeing Devin jumping around in the red devil costume... yeah, get drunk indeed! :D

About the guitar tone: Definitely reduce the gain.
You can try to leave out the TSS, the TSE X30 sounds very good without it. Then play around with the input level and mid controls if you want to achieve that kind of tone again.

I would repost with the gain turned down...But the saffire is being super weird and fucking picky as hell....Yesturday Turned it on and worked fine...today i had to restart the computer about 6 times...and now its only working In nuendo but wont play anything on the desktop like...media player and all of the stupid noises that XP makes.

I dont know...im pretty sure my Asus motherboard has a TI firewire chipset but if it keeps fucking up im probably gonna have to buy a PCI firewire card....doesnt make any sence to me.

I would repost with the gain turned down...But the saffire is being super weird and fucking picky as hell....Yesturday Turned it on and worked fine...today i had to restart the computer about 6 times...and now its only working In nuendo but wont play anything on the desktop like...media player and all of the stupid noises that XP makes.

I dont know...im pretty sure my Asus motherboard has a TI firewire chipset but if it keeps fucking up im probably gonna have to buy a PCI firewire card....doesnt make any sence to me.

i have a good idea!!
burn it
and buy a profire 2626
ahaha just kidding

i hope you find your solution
peace