RateMyTone: TS7 + Wagner Sharp + CurveEQ (VH100R) + Boogex (GuitarHacks)

is that my vh100r amp spectrum? damn, didn't thought it sounded that good
Oh, I was meaning the VH100R user (this guy up here). I used the "MESA Dual Rectifier D1" CurveEQ patch of his pack with 5 or 6 times the "atenuation" button.

sounds very close to the Uberschall preamp+Impulse clip
VERY close! I am sure that I can improve it by trying the endless combinations of Impulses and CurveEQ spectrums. Damn, so many choices :p

Its scary how at this point the preamp doesn't really matter. Its just there to generate the gain stages (in this case Wagner) then the rest of the work is done with the spectrums+impulses...

I'm loving this shit...:OMG:

Actually, it's not my drums. I just made a mix within Reason 3 using their "Real Drum Kit". Doesn't sound too bad but it's not really metal, more like "wooh-big-budget-drums-for-rock" ;)

I'm glad people are using them though, thanks.

Actually, it's not my drums. I just made a mix within Reason 3 using their "Real Drum Kit". Doesn't sound too bad but it's not really metal, more like "wooh-big-budget-drums-for-rock" ;)

I'm glad people are using them though, thanks.

Thank YOU :worship: I think it´s a very good kit. The best "preset kit" that I ever tried for sure, I load the patch and it just works fine (I play though a Roland electronic drums via MIDI).

do you mind posting exactly how you got this sound?

i mean the settings on ts-7 and wagner, how many guitar tracks, are you using 2 seperate impulses on one guitar track or the norm of 2 tracks of vh100r and 2 tracks of guitarhacks??

sounds freaking amazing!!

do you mind posting exactly how you got this sound?
i mean the settings on ts-7 and wagner, how many guitar tracks, are you using 2 seperate impulses on one guitar track or the norm of 2 tracks of vh100r and 2 tracks of guitarhacks??
sounds freaking amazing!!

I will try to explain everything. The guitars are doubletracked and hardpanned (one take 100% to the left and the other take 100% to the right) and both tracks use the exact same setup and plugins.

Download this ZIP Pack *
it contains all the screenshots, plugin patches, impulse and a short WAV clip of the clean DI guitar track with the TS7. If you apply the plugins on this clip like I say, the guitar tone should be identical of the MP3 that I posted on the thread.

Guitar chain:
1- Guitar ESP Ltd F-50 with EMG 81 on the bridge
2- Ibanez Tube Screamer TS7 (Switch on TS9 mode, Drive 2, Tone 5, Level 5)
3- Sansamp Bass Driver DI (bypassed, just using as DI)
4- Wagner Sharp v0.6 [screenshot] [patch on the ZIP]
5- Voxengo CurveEQ [screenshot] [patch on the ZIP **]
6- Voxengo Boogex [screenshot] [patch and impulse on the ZIP ***]
7- Waves SSL Channel Mono (using just the filters: 100Hz and 12Khz)
8- GVST GClip (threshold only enough to cut the higher peaks) [screenshot]

On the Master Bus:
1- GVST GClip (threshold only enough to cut the higher peaks)
2- Waves SSL EQ Stereo [screenshot] [patch on the ZIP]
3- GVST GClip (threshold only enough to cut the higher peaks)
4- Waves SSL Comp Stereo (4 db of gain reduction) [screenshot] [patch on the ZIP]
5- GVST GClip (threshold only enough to cut the higher peaks)
6- Waves L2 [screenshot]

*Sorry, I can´t access Gavin´s FTP. If someone upload this ZIP file to it and send me the link I will update this topic.
** Here I used the "MESA Dual Rectifier D1" CurveEQ patch of the VH100R user with 5 or 6 times the "atenuation" button.
*** This impulse was made by GuitarHack´s and can be found on his impulses pack. It seens that I use the Boogex on a non-transparent way.

ps: Yeah, a shitload of GClips going on. That´s the only way that I found to don´t make the final L2 stomp very hard. I´m pretty sure that I shouldn´t be doing this, but you asked how I achieved the tone LOL

ps2: Sorry for any english mistakes.

Sounds great! I'll have to try out some of these settings as soon as I get home.

You have to wait that stupid countdown. I can send you the file via email, if you put it on Gavin´s FTP and send me the link. It´s 1,5Mb

I downloaded the file yesterday....it's working fine....
The file you got was damaged because the host interrupted the download...it happened to me a couple of time too..
Try it again and you will eventually get it..