Raven - Confirmed - MM3

testofwills said:
Oh my.....When they played Clevleland last yr they were one of the most embarrasing bands i have ever seen live.....There playing,the sound it was just awful....I was with 2 other people and they all said this was pretty bad....I was a big Raven fan back in the 80s and was looking forward to them but sadly they didn;t have it that night...

Hmm, we played with them a few years back and they were excellent, despite Mark being in a wheelchair...

Raven was an embarassment at Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles 6 Pack Weekend 3. They went way over their set time. The lighting guy flashed the stage lights three times signalling to them their time was up. People behind the scenes kept trying to tell them to end it, they did not listen. Finally when the plug was pulled on them they went ballistic. The drummer came out and blew snot on the stage. Real unprofessional assholes.

Is it still the same three dudes in RAVEN?
Raven used to be a NWOBHM band, then sort of cheesed out for most of the 80's. Check out the album "Stay Hard" to get the full doseage of cheesiness.
Some of their songs are catchy, but overall they can be easily written off as novelty.

Speaking of wrestling, I remember back in the day there was a local wrestling event in Chicago where both RAVEN and TANK played after the wrestling matches were over.

Raven, the wrestler, is actually a very knowledgable metalhead.

Jasonic said:
Is it still the same three dudes in RAVEN?
Raven used to be a NWOBHM band, then sort of cheesed out for most of the 80's. Check out the album "Stay Hard" to get the full doseage of cheesiness.
Some of their songs are catchy, but overall they can be easily written off as novelty.

It's the Gallagher brothers with Joe Hasselvander on drums. They did the two cool tunes from "Stay Hard" - "On and On" and "Pray for the Sun" - and cool early stuff and "Architect of Fear" material occupied most of the rest of the set when we played with them in '03.

Jasonic said:
Raven, the wrestler, is actually a very knowledgable metalhead.

Yep.... He was at the after-show party for Vince Neil when the Crue played here a few weeks ago, just hanging out. I thought that was pretty neet, and I'm not much of a wrestling fan.