Helstar (James Rivera) Confirmed for MM3

MetalNations

Aug 29, 2002
In Space
HELSTAR have replaced EXCITER on the billing of the Minneapolis Mayhem 3 festival, set to take place August 25-26 at the Star Central in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The lineup for the festival is now shaping up as follows:

TANKARD
HIRAX
RAVEN
HELSTAR
JAG PANZER
OMEN
STEEL ATTACK
DIVISION
USURPER
AVENGER OF BLOOD
IMAGIKA
GAIA EPICUS
NOCTUARY
UNDER EDEN
COLD COLOURS
HEAD ON COLLISION

EXCITER were forced to pull out of the festival following the departure of their singer Jacques Belanger.

I hadn't seen a mention of Cold Colours on the bill before... they released a great cd a bunch of years back, and then dropped off the face of the planet. Glad to see they're still together, even if I can't make it out to see the show.

this is going to be one big event. this fest is not to be missed. Of course ProgPower is the main one to hit.....
But you can not miss TANKARD, OMEN, HELSTAR, JAG PANZER, STEEL ATTACK, GAIA EPICUS and other great acts.... *Shameless Plug*

Helstar has the original lineup from the Remnants of War album. James Rivera, Larry Barrigan, Rob Trevino, Jerry Abarca and Russell Deleon. Russell was not the original drummer but was a member of Helstar. He replaced Frank Ferrera when Frank left right after Nosferatu. The band I think is supposed to play Remnants of War in its entirety.

metropolisimages said:
Helstar has the original lineup from the Remnants of War album. James Rivera, Larry Barrigan, Rob Trevino, Jerry Abarca and Russell Deleon. Russell was not the original drummer but was a member of Helstar. He replaced Frank Ferrera when Frank left right after Nosferatu. The band I think is supposed to play Remnants of War in its entirety.

I was trying to find out the other day... what period of Helstar Joel was a part of.. but couldn't find much (and which albums he would have appeared on).

Cheiron said:
I was trying to find out the other day... what period of Helstar Joel was a part of.. but couldn't find much (and which albums he would have appeared on).

Joel just filled in on some live dates, most notably Helstar's 2001 performance at Germany's "Bang Your Head!!!" Festival; he isn't on any albums but appears on the BURNING ALIVE DVD from that show...

Neal

Killer true metal lineup. And Gaia Epicus! Great band!

MisterMayhem said:
HELSTAR have replaced EXCITER on the billing of the Minneapolis Mayhem 3 festival, set to take place August 25-26 at the Star Central in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The lineup for the festival is now shaping up as follows:

TANKARD
HIRAX
RAVEN
HELSTAR
JAG PANZER
OMEN
STEEL ATTACK
DIVISION
USURPER
AVENGER OF BLOOD
IMAGIKA
GAIA EPICUS
NOCTUARY
UNDER EDEN
COLD COLOURS
HEAD ON COLLISION

EXCITER were forced to pull out of the festival following the departure of their singer Jacques Belanger.

No sorry eaeolian, I have a show in the southeast that weekend or I would definately have considered it. So Division is playing there, hope that works out well for you guys.

eaeolian said:
You going to be there selling? You've always got some cool stuff, and we'll need some new tunes for the ride back, I'm sure...

Dark One said:
Mister Mayhem, any word on Heathen Crusade bands yet? *salivates* :kickass:

None yet. I am concentrating on MM3. I want this to be the show that you all drool over (* after progpower first. lol *)