Raven (UK)

TheKorruptor

May 7, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
www.myspace.com
I bought Rock Until you Drop a while back and suddenly realized that I needed to get a hold of more Raven albums which resulted in me recently buying Wiped Out, Live at the Inferno, the Pack is Back and whatever the album that succeeded that one was called. Now I'm between record players so I haven't been able to give any of these albums a spin.. but I've heard that the Pack is Back is absolutely abysmal. What are your opinions on that album in particular and Raven in general? I suppose I should add All For One to my collection ASAP?

I never bothered to listen to that album as people say it is like their 'Turbo' album and I'm more interested in their rawer, heavier sounding stuff.

If you can find their Heads Up CD (It's not an album) it has some good later stuff on it.

Wiped out is a good album, if you liked Rock until you drop you will like it.

After they released the pack is back they released they needed to sound raw and heavy again so their more recent albums are actually good.

I suppose I should add All For One to my collection ASAP?

:headbang:

The best one IMO!

I have RUYD and Wiped Out as well.

The Pack Is Back is a'right! It is pretty weak as far as RAVEN goes. I dunno...pointed in a wrong direction there. It's not all bad though. But nothing like the first three!!

But yes get ALL FOR ONE if you haven't gotten that one yet!!

:kickass:

Rock Until You Drop is my fave followed closely by All For One. Wiped Out & Architect Of Fear are pretty decent too. I also heard a couple of tunes off the new one and those were pretty spot on!

BTW.. here's pic I took with John Gallagher a couple of months ago when my band opened for them in San Francisco. (I'm on the left)

n1519093769_41818_3245.jpg

Rock Until You Drop is my fave followed closely by All For One. Wiped Out & Architect Of Fear are pretty decent too. I also heard a couple of tunes off the new one and those were pretty spot on!

BTW.. here's pic I took with John Gallagher a couple of months ago when my band opened for them in San Francisco. (I'm on the left)

n1519093769_41818_3245.jpg

:headbang::kickass:

Rock Until You Drop was simply a masterpiece at the time. I remember when getting into other releases of the time (Def Leppard - High & Dry; Crue - Too Fast For Love; SAxon - Denim & Leather; Ozzy - Diary; and follwing year Scorpions - Blackout and Riot - FDU) this was simply the most rough metal sounding stuff out there. The only thing that came close was Anvil's MEtal on Metal and to an extrent Venom's stuff.
They lost a bit of their edge by the time All For One was released and IMO never regained those velocities of yore.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll just give the Pack is Back to some unfortunate friend of mine and get a hold of All for One instead.
How about Stay Hard btw? Is it on par with the other albums?

"Stay Hard" was written while they were on Atlantic, as was "The Pack Is Back," so you'll know a bit what to expect as their Atlantic years were not very good. Personally, I have a hard time listening to anything after "Live at the Inferno."