Raven

All of their first three. Start with Rock Until You Drop, NO ONE rocked harder than them on that album, they were just frenzied, energetic NWOBHM on crack.

Raven had (and still has as we witnessed on KIT last year) an unsurpassed energetic sound. Get their live album "Live at the Inferno" and judge !! In my opinion the wery best live album ever !! :)

Well I have Rock Until You Drop, Wiped Out and the Pack is Back on LP. Further I have all for You on mp3 and I have too say I really like these albums.

I hope too see them live.

Jean-Pierre said:
they were just frenzied, energetic NWOBHM on crack.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Raven and I remember ages ago going to see Girlschool at the Glasgow Apollo and it was Raven who were supporting them. I'd only heard a couple of Raven songs but they were absolutely brilliant live and at the end of the gig both Girlschool and Raven came on and did about 4 songs together and I thought this was just fantastic cos I'd never seen 2 bands doing this before. And because it was the very last night of the tour, during the last song the roadies came running on stage with custard pies and started throwing all the custard & cream pies at Girlschool and Raven - both bands got splattered in the face with custard and cream and were totally stunned at this and the look on their faces was priceless:lol:

Funny thing about Raven was that they were one of those bands that tried to cater to an American audience. Slick production, more of a "rock star look" on Stay Hard and The Pack is Back. Kind of like what Saxon tried to do. They did gain a little notoriety for SH(thats when I dicovered them) but it wasn't working for them. They got back on track when they put out the Mad e.p and Life's a bitch two albums that I think are totally underrated IMO. Unfortunately, the Mad e.p. songs were split up among the reissued Stay Hard, Pack Is Back and Life.

carnut said:
Raven had (and still has as we witnessed on KIT last year) an unsurpassed energetic sound. Get their live album "Live at the Inferno" and judge !! In my opinion the wery best live album ever !! :)
A good starting point indeed :kickass:

carnut said:

Agreed. My start with Raven was seeing the video for On and On. From there, I purchased Live at the Inferno because I like live albums.

There's also a Sanctuary Music compilation that was put out that compiles 20 of their studio tracks from their first 3 albums and singles, All Systems Go!

Going by the fade-in into the video, that's from the Heavy Metal Mania with Bruce Dickinson hosting - it was also my introduction to Raven.:kickass:

AWESOME!:worship:

I am so waiting for them to put out some sort of DVD package.

I have always loved this band. I waited for 20 sum' years to see them. I actually experienced them live at last years BW&BK Six Pack III Fest in Cleveland. I thought that they put on an awesome show.:headbang:

The topper for me was going back to the hotel just a little early and the Gallagher Bros. were sitting in the lobby with their women... and nobody else around... so my woman and I talked with them for about an hour. They are two really nice and friendly guys... oh yeah, and funny as hell also! We got quite a few "Old School" stories that night!

Is there any more footage of Raven from this fest? And do you have access to it... (I know, dumb question!)

Thanks Gert!

Narcosynthesys68 said:
AWESOME!:worship:

I am so waiting for them to put out some sort of DVD package.

I have always loved this band. I waited for 20 sum' years to see them. I actually experienced them live at last years BW&BK Six Pack III Fest in Cleveland. I thought that they put on an awesome show.:headbang:

The topper for me was going back to the hotel just a little early and the Gallagher Bros. were sitting in the lobby with their women... and nobody else around... so my woman and I talked with them for about an hour. They are two really nice and friendly guys... oh yeah, and funny as hell also! We got quite a few "Old School" stories that night!

Is there any more footage of Raven from this fest? And do you have access to it... (I know, dumb question!)

Thanks Gert!

There are 7 songs of this gig on the Keep it True DVD, available for about 20$ at http://www.hellionrecords.de/
There also are vids from Strikelight, Emerald, Powergod, Anvil,Ignitor, Forsaken, Skullview, Slough Feg, Intruder, Ruffians & Jag Panzer on it !

kit5_dvd.jpg

carnut said:
There are 7 songs of this gig on the Keep it True DVD, available for about 20$ at http://www.hellionrecords.de/
There also are vids from Strikelight, Emerald, Powergod, Anvil,Ignitor, Forsaken, Skullview, Slough Feg, Intruder, Ruffians & Jag Panzer on it !

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out!

You were there right? How was the band Skullview? I think they are a local band (to me) and I have only heard about them, not heard them. Good to see some semi-local guys getting somewhere!