Raw Multitrack Files from Freund Hein, produced by Matt Bayles

mnentwich

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2012
Austria
www.concrete-studio.at
Hi guys,

Long time lurker. This is my first post here, so hello. :kickass:

I wanted to start with a special first post. Last year we recorded the third album with my band "Freund Hein" (Austria), and we decided to bring in Mr. Matt Bayles from Seattle who - which you might know - produced Mastodon and Isis among others.

We had a great time together. All tracks were recorded at my place in Austria and then I traveled to Seattle for mixing.

We decided to make the raw multi tracks available for you guys to have fun with it!
http://www.concrete-studio.at/audition/freund_hein/bourbon_time_rawtracks.zip

Here is the final version of the song (+ video).

Let me know what you think! Bourbon forever.:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah freund hein, you guys rock!! we played a show together in switzerland, we replaced EXIT (intractable).

thanks for the multitracks!!

cheers, markus / intractable

yeah freund hein, you guys rock!! we played a show together in switzerland, we replaced EXIT (intractable).

thanks for the multitracks!!

cheers, markus / intractable

cool :hotjump: awesome to meet you here.

you guys in switzerland rock hard!!!
We hope to come again in fall.

Another thing:
As you might notice i've also included the DI tracks for all guitars/bass/and keys (except the organ), so work you reamp magic!

The main goal of the mix was to create a kind of unique and natural but still powerful sound. We didn't use drum replacement on the kick, and as far as i can remember only for the reverb send on the snare.
I'm really curios what you guys will make of it, please post here!!

cheers,
mario

Hi,
Great song! 4 different version for You:Smokedev:

VER 1

VER 2

VER 3

VER 4

Enjoy !
Stay Metall,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!! I like the guitar sound, what amp and cabinet are you playing in this tracks? Excelent mix!

Thanks!

Guitars were played mostly through a Marshall JCM2000 and a doubled with a Marshall JCM800. All with standard angled 4x12 Marshall cabinets (I really don't know which speakers were inside). On some tracks we used a Mesa Dual Rectifier but not on this song.
The signal went through API preamps or directly into the Neotek as far as I can remember and we used Shure SM57 and Royer R-121 mics (i think they are labeled in the multitracks).

greets,
mario

I really have no idea how I managed to miss you guys, even if a bell rang somewhere in the back of my head after I saw the bandlogo and name.

Leiwand!
Danke für die Tracks!