Rays/Sox Phils/Dodgers

Don't forget that, out of the remaining teams, the Rays finished with the best record. People are only calling the Rays "underdogs" because they sucked before this season, which is slightly retarded. There is some credibility to it, though, because how a team responds to pressure matters. We know that the Red Sox thrive in high-pressure situations, but I think the jury is still out on the Rays in that department, despite their victory in round one.

All the same, I fail to see how the Rays are the underdog when playing against a team that they won more games than and won the season series against.

Voice of reason my friends. Where the fuck have you been?

As for Lackey, I would have done the same shit. The Angels couldn't stop a fucking softball if it was hit to them. They looked like a bunch of retards in a room full of bouncy balls. He pitched great all series long but had no support at all. He had the right to be pissed imo.

the Rays had 2 wins on their overall record and won 1 more game in the entire season. Count in all the Sox injuries and it's at least even if not in the Sox's favor.

Voice of reason my friends. Where the fuck have you been?

As for Lackey, I would have done the same shit. The Angels couldn't stop a fucking softball if it was hit to them. They looked like a bunch of retards in a room full of bouncy balls. He pitched great all series long but had no support at all. He had the right to be pissed imo.

Well, thats Lackeys team and defense...the team that he said was better than the Sox. I wonder wich defense he would really like to have behind him, the Angels or Sox? The Sox defense was phenominal in the series and been very good all year. Angels have good D- but didn't have it when it counted.

the Rays had 2 wins on their overall record and won 1 more game in the entire season. Count in all the Sox injuries and it's at least even if not in the Sox's favor.

This makes no sense to me. How can you say the red sox deserve to be the favorite when they are riddled with injuries, and lost moregames to the Rays than they won?

because only Lowell and Schilling are injured now?
Lost 1 game to the Rays, wow...and I believe on the ESPN table they showed where you obviously get your only info, I believe the Sox scored 20 runs on them so they obviously have 1 pitching stud and the rest are duds..

I don't understand what you are trying to say man. Lowell and Schilling aren't the only two injured. I don't understand the 1 lost game to the Rays, and the comment about the 20 runs and how that means the Rays only have 1 stud pitcher.

Boys, its simple.
These teams are pretty much even. The Rays have the pitching, talent and defense the question is will they be able to go into uncharted waters and handle playoff pressure / possibly a long series? If the Rays do handle it then its wether or not the Sox talent and experience is enough to match or overcome it.

This is a pretty even matchup. But the Sox bullpen is much much stronger than the Rays. This is what could inevitably be the determining factor in this series.

Starting pitching can go either way. The Sox are a bit nicked up, but on the other hand the Rays are young.

Should be some real good ball.

As for the other series. I think the ManRam factor gives the Dodgers the edge.

My prediction Rays in 6 and Dodgers in 5

Sox got a Rayal ass kickin 9-1...wait, I think the Rays just hit another homer.

Big Papi has so far been the big poopie. Jason Veritek cannot be caught looking at (straight fastball middle-in) strike three with runners at second and third one out...game was 1-0 at the time and still in hand.

Well Sox nation, our hope now rests in the hands of Tim Wakefield. He better not walk anyone cause with his slow speed and delivery coupled with the Rays speed...could be big trouble for Sox?