Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Post Recipes for recreation here.

Hawkwich-

2 eggo waffles
1oz of peanut butter

Toast waffles, spread creamy peanut butter on one side, smoosh waffle slices together, enjoy.
------------------------------------------

Poseur Acai Bowl-

2 fistfuls of frozen blueberries
2 banana's
1 peach (optional)
Half cup apple juice
1 fistful granola

Put the 2 fistfuls of blueberries in blender, with half cup apple juice, and 1 banana.

Blend

The end result should be thick like a paste, not watery like an emo's cheek.

Take this paste and put it in a wooden bowl.

Chop up 2nd banana and toss in bowl.

Sprinkle generous amount of granola on top.

Voila

That's all I have. :)

Demilich said:
people around here call my family weird for doing that :loco:

It's absolutely delicious friend. If you're thin and looking to put on a couple extra pounds... Look no further.

I also recommend peanut butter on hamburgers. Sweet Meat! :loco:

For shrimp and okra gumbo:

* 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
* 3 tablespoons of flour
* l large chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 5 or 6 cloves, chopped garlic
* 1 cup of chopped green pepper
* 1 can of tomato sauce
* 1 can of tomatoes ("Rotel" tomatoes for a spicier taste!)
* 1 pound, fresh sliced okra (or 2 boxes of frozen sliced okra)
* 2 pounds of fresh shrimp
* 2 - 3 cups water
* salt & pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon of sugar
* 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
* 1 bay leaf

For seafood gumbo, add to the above:

* 1 small can of crabmeat or 3 fresh gumbo crabs
* 1 jar oysters

* Slowly stir the flour into heated oil in a heavy cast iron skillet. Continue to stir until the flour is dark brown. Add the next 4 ingredients; stir until onions are clear.
* Add tomato sauce. Stir until it gets crumbly or dry. Fry okra in another skillet until it is no longer sticky or stringy. Add tomatoes and fried okra.
* Cook slowly, adding 2 to 3 cups of water--a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in one teaspoon of sugar.
* Cook for about an hour on a low fire, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom of pot; adding water if necessary. Add the shrimp and the bay leaf (and if desired, the oysters and crabmeat).
* Cook another 30 minutes to an hour, adding seasoning to taste.
* Serve over boiled or steamed rice.

but the real beauty of gumbo is you can subtract or add things at your whim...for instance, I would leave out the okra and add some diced andouille sausage

Oh man, this thread is going to KICK ASS. I will rule it.

Here's what I am making soon for a special visitor :)

Red-leaf lettuce with shallot vinagrette
1 large shallot, minced
2t white wine vinegar
2t dijon
3.5T olive oil
sea salt to taste
1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces

Stir shallot and vinegar together and let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients, toss with lettuce.

Miso-Glazed Asparagus
1 1/2 pounds thin asparagus, trimmed
1 teaspoon pure olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon light miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Preheat the oven to 500°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the asparagus with the olive oil, rolling the spears to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the miso paste with the lime juice. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and brush the asparagus generously with the paste. Return to the oven and roast for 3 minutes, or until tender and glazed.

Ginger-Lime Sirloin
6T fresh lime juice
3T asian fish sauce
3T hoisin sauce
3T Sriracha (asian hot chile sauce)
3T freshly peeled and grated ginger
1t grated lime zest

1 sirloin or flatiron steak (1-2lbs should be fine)

In glass bowl, mix all the ingredient. Marinade steak for at least 2, and up to 8 hrs (a big, heavy duty ziplock works great). Grill that bitch!

Erik said:
Stop being such an inflammatory faggot.

How about you quit being such a miserable cunt? Then I'll see what I can do, capece?

Meanwhile, get to work STAT on a JPEG you're so famous for, featuring a police car with the words "IRONY POLICE" etched along the door.

For use when YOU call someone else a faggot

LOLELRZ

Erik said:
How about you come over here, I punch your teeth down your throat, and you agree to never come back, how's that sound? Faggot.

listen you scrawny fuck, that's the LAST thing you'd ever want. so just keep hiding in your dank computer den and lobbing softballs my way. I'm enjoying it. :heh:

mark and erik in Umea
121.jpg