Re-mixing "Robin"..!

Mazah

Metal Monk
Jun 25, 2003
Here
www.myspace.com
Shall start this saturday by fixing my computer up to legal mixing shape :heh: ! I will try to keep you up to date and throw in some comments and possibly clips every now and then. A single is scheduled to be released in january and the full album a couple months later!
Pirkka Rännäli who recorded and mixed AWG will be mastering the new album. Tomorrow we have a meeting with the label, Four Seasons records, where we are supposed to sign the recording deal and confirm all dates concerning the release.

Some dates have been confirmed for the upcoming Finnish tour (the dates and details may still change, updates will be posted on the website):

23.2 Tampere, Klubi (+ Insert Remedy, Pofony,SET,My Fate, Steep, Domination Black, Razorblend)
2.3 Pori, ???? (+ I.R., DSF)
3.3 Vaasa, Club25 (+ I.R., DSF, Profane Omen?)
9.3 Turku, S-Osis (+ I.R., DSF, ??)
10.3 Uusikaupunki, Hartzan Rock Pub (+ I.R., DSF, ??)
15.3 Helsinki, Semifinal (+ I.R., Profane Omen)
22.3 Lahti, Torvi (+ Burden AD, Razorblend)
28.3 Kuopio Henry's Pub (+ I.R., DSF)

Awesome news!

By the way, sort out your website... I searched for Farmakon just now and farmakonband.com isn't even on the front page whereas the old websites (farmakon.cjb.net, farmakon.tk) are the first two, heh.

Whoah... just got back from the "Studio", got the computer sorted out so i can start mixing tomorrow. Had to format the fucker and install windows again, along with legal software. I'm using Cubase SX3 and UAD project pack. So it's all good to go. I'm going to start with some editing and turning the indivual song projects into one containing all of them for the initial soundscape search. Later on i'll return them to individual projects for more accurate mixing and adding Toni's perversions. To be continued...

I noticed it is pretty much impossible to turn the song projects into one and decided to ditch the idea. It's a bit more complicated this way but i think i'll manage. Did some mixing for a few hours, got some drum sounds "done" and some guitars as well. Sounded pretty good, well see if we can get some clips here sometime. Iiro from Toni's other band Turjake showed up, sat silently, drank a couple beers and left. What a nice man. :)

Updates!

I've pretty much got the drums mixed on all songs, i'm trying not to make too much "in-your-face" so the gay and funk parts will still work. Next thing i have to do is to try and get the guitars and bass back in with the drums without eating their space. After that it's for the vocals, leads and some miscellanious noise...

Heh, thanks mate. There's always time for a beer or two. Btw you did a pretty good job with those few seconds I heard. Best of luck!

RAU!

Today i gave the single from Robin, Temporary Death, to Pirkka Rännäli for mastering. I should get the piece back by 16. of this month, and out for pressing shortly after. I've already mixed four other songs, 69, Faint Light, Helpless and Coma September. The full album is due for mastering at the last week of the year, so there's plenty of time. At this point i think i can let you know that Firebox will be handling the distribtion, which is nice =)...

Sorry for keeping you in the dark, i've been dealing with some personal issues lately and concentrating on having a life for change. BUT, the Album, Robin, is mixed!:headbang: :puke: :loco: :cry: :cool: Pirkka is applying his mastering magic and when this is done, we'll give you a free song! Should we give out the new version of "Temporary Death" or another song? What does the rest of the band think? I'd like to hand out a fresh song.

I also vote for a new song. :p The first song on the album, unless that's A Temporary Death, in which case the last song. Wasn't there a tracklist posted somewhere? I can't find it.

Woah. During the last few years my feelings about Robin have been... "rollercoasterish", but now having heard the mastered version, pretty much the final one I think..

It's a great album! After 1,5 years it now sounds better than ever, musically and sound-wise. Matti has done a hell of a job there! And what's the funniest thing - psychological illusion or not - it actually sounds very much like the vision I had about the sound of our second album, long before Matti even joined the band.

I was thinking about Recondite too. But then again, it's a bit risky, if that's the first thing people hear they might go "naah, just another shit jazz band..." Then again, if we put out Faint Light... Actually, it propably doesn't matter because people are still going to think we're a shit jazz band... or EMO if we put out anything else... How about tomorrow at the karaoke, we'll just put all the names in a hat and draw one out? (with a non-magician holding the hat and drawing the name...)