Ready to rock Paladino's in Tarzana on Sat., Feb 13!

Great show, as usual! Killers & Transylvania sounded especially good/aggressive. A couple things were running through my mind during the show that were a bit distracting in the audience. Maybe it's just me, but...

1) Guys, please shower and wear clean clothes before going to a concert. It's usually packed and there's wall-to-wall bodies on the floor. One guy who came up and stood next to me reeked of sweat and somehow urine! It was so strong I had to move. Rock 'n' roll is sweaty and dirty, but that's no excuse to forget about hygiene.

2) If you're 5'10" or taller (I'm a shortie) and decide to wear a cowboy hat for some reason to a heavy metal concert, please either take it off or stand against the wall (or in the back). No one behind you can see the stage (props to pink cowboy hat guy for leaning against the wall).

3) The people that hold their cell phones above their heads for the entire 6-minute song: please stop. We know you want a memory of the show. But again, no one behind you can see the stage and it's incredibly distracting. Take 30 or 60 second video clip and then enjoy the rest of the show. Or stand against the wall and video until your heart's content. The cell phone audio will sound like crap when you watch it at home 'cos it's way too loud. Or just watch the song performed another night on YouTube. I've been seeing the Maidens since 2002 (13 years?!) and kinda miss the days when people just enjoyed the show and took occasional photos. You can't rock out while taking videos on your cell phones.

End rant.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello Raveballs,

I totally agree with point 1 and especially 3. Number 2: I'm 6 and a deuce myself and many times people behind me have asked to move in front because they can't see, and I accommodate every time, no problem. Most of the time I try to stay to the right or left, because I myself am into the 1940's (retrosexual I guess), and sport my fedora whenever possible. Not as tall as a cowboy 10 gallon lid, but I do my best to be cool. The problem is, hat check girls have been gone in most places since the 50's, and I have no where to keep my bad ass lid indoors.

You comment regarding the cowboy hat: "decide to wear a cowboy hat for some reason to a heavy metal concert", not sure what you mean. For me it's never been about the clothes or look, just a love for the music. If some dude wants to roll looking like Roy Rogers or the lead singer of Spandau Ballet, who cares? I think its cool that today we have such a wide range of people that are into it. In the real life documentary video by Keel, Ron Keel and friends in 1989 fought for our right to rock, and he never stipulated a dress code. If that wasn't your point, please disregard this paragraph (except never forget Keel said we have the right to rock).

Great show, as usual! Killers & Transylvania sounded especially good/aggressive. A couple things were running through my mind during the show that were a bit distracting in the audience. Maybe it's just me, but...

1) Guys, please shower and wear clean clothes before going to a concert. It's usually packed and there's wall-to-wall bodies on the floor. One guy who came up and stood next to me reeked of sweat and somehow urine! It was so strong I had to move. Rock 'n' roll is sweaty and dirty, but that's no excuse to forget about hygiene.

2) If you're 5'10" or taller (I'm a shortie) and decide to wear a cowboy hat for some reason to a heavy metal concert, please either take it off or stand against the wall (or in the back). No one behind you can see the stage (props to pink cowboy hat guy for leaning against the wall).

3) The people that hold their cell phones above their heads for the entire 6-minute song: please stop. We know you want a memory of the show. But again, no one behind you can see the stage and it's incredibly distracting. Take 30 or 60 second video clip and then enjoy the rest of the show. Or stand against the wall and video until your heart's content. The cell phone audio will sound like crap when you watch it at home 'cos it's way too loud. Or just watch the song performed another night on YouTube. I've been seeing the Maidens since 2002 (13 years?!) and kinda miss the days when people just enjoyed the show and took occasional photos. You can't rock out while taking videos on your cell phones.

End rant.
Here, here! I think it was actually a Maiden show where my hair got stuck in some dude's sweaty armpit when he lowered his arm--it was packed in the pit. Eeeew!

Thanks for the reply, Johann. Is that your real name? You should either be writing classical music or progressive trance haha
You sound like a considerate guy and that's all I'm really saying in my post. 1940s attire is awesome. I tend to dress more 80s metal to get "into character" to these shows. You'd fit right in at the Edison if you haven't been already. Yeah, holding onto your hat the entire show would be annoying. I'd never knock anyone's style, and it may have sounded like that, but that wasn't my intention. I think I was just annoyed in general. No offense intended. I was more annoyed at #'s 1 & 3. And the fact that I'm short haha

In regards to Keel, I'd have to go more with Warlock's "Fight for Rock." But, yes, the right to rock is a god-given right. Amen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2iq-jClLw

Edison ( Jennifer Keith good show), Cicada, 30's 40's tunes / scene. Metal is still my number one. I like classical, however I couldn't come close to the level of genius it takes to write that. Progressive trance, I'll have to take a pass. My grandfather called me Johann since the day I was born (old country thing), as do all my family and friends, so yes it's my name except when I pay taxes. No offense taken at all, I just have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. I like Keel, and I remember watching the Right To Rock video when I was a kid, and the whole PMRC bullshit going down thinking how we would escape the forces of evil trying to ban our music. Judas Priest and Ozzy on trial, etc. Strange and crazy times.