Real reason for UK tour postponment

motorheid

Mar 8, 2005
Saxon Head For The Desert -- Saxon are the latest band confirmed for the Desert Rocks Festival, which happens at the Dubai Country Club in the United Arab Emirates on March 25. They join a bill already boasting The Darkness, Machine Head, Within Temptation and Sepultura.
Posted by MalcolmDome on Monday, March 7 2005

Greed or a twist of fate?

Motorheid - Is this official? Where did you get the info from?

If it's true, I think it is great news. Saxon have a chance of picking up new fans if they play alongside bands like The Darkness!

....and pissing off some of their old ones who were expecting to see them again shortly, and who may read something into Motorheid's final comment.

Something dosent add up here, saxon cancel uk tour and the german one because biffs house burns down, so i guess that was to give and his family time to sort things out because of this.

Then the next minute there of to play in the desert, which is round about the same time as the uk dates, strange.

Maybe its because the desert is just one off show and not a load of dates so biff still gets the time to sort things out properly.

Or did they no the desert gig was coming up and they cancelled the german and british dates to put them back.

WHO KNOWS ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. :hotjump:

hope to see some pictures of the event, would be great, maybe the managment can tell some more about this ..:erk: ? (Dont even dare asking..who dares battle management..)

nightwar said:
Motorheid - Is this official? Where did you get the info from?

If it's true, I think it is great news. Saxon have a chance of picking up new fans if they play alongside bands like The Darkness!

The Darkness!?i?!?i WTF!..... And yeah, i can see it now....all those crazy mofo's in turbans moshing to 'Dogs of War' :D
lol

DirtySanchez said:
Saxon playing the Middle East, eh? I wonder if they will play 'Crusader'? ;)

:tickled:

Could a bigger paypacket be enough to postpone the UK shows for?

Unless we get a good reason for this, I will be returning my tickets. I have spent fortunes following Saxon all over Europe since 1980, but this could be the straw...

I'd say the cancellations were totally legit, and then this offer came in. It's not a tour, it's just one show. And, I have no doubt whatsoever (taken the venue) that they are making a much larger paycheck than is the norm. Seriously, I've heard of more than one case where an entertainer was payed BIG bucks to play in Dubai. Governments run differently there remember. It is most likely a rich arab that is footing the bill, and then tend to pay so much that you can't say no.

OH, and I don't blame them a bit. They are always touring, and I'm sure that this money will even be of help to Biff in his current situation. A whole tour would not be cancelled for one show.

motorheid said:
:tickled:

Could a bigger paypacket be enough to postpone the UK shows for?

Unless we get a good reason for this, I will be returning my tickets. I have spent fortunes following Saxon all over Europe since 1980, but this could be the straw...

You've been told why the tour is off but you want to believe your own conspiracy theory. I don't think they need to explain any further. If you aren't prepared to believe them there's not much they can do to change that. You'll just miss out on a great show! :headbang:

bert said:
You've been told why the tour is off but you want to believe your own conspiracy theory. I don't think they need to explain any further. If you aren't prepared to believe them there's not much they can do to change that. You'll just miss out on a great show! :headbang:

Its not a conspiracy theory Bert. Its a fact. The dates are there for all to see.

To cancel the very short (4 date) UK tour because of the fire was fine by me if Biff needed the time to sort things out. But to book to play the same date somewhere else (Dubai) is not good for all the long standing UK fans who have spent fortunes on Hotels, flights etc.

heavycelli said:
Remember, if it is not listed here, then it is not SAXON playing!

so maybe its the Mickey Mouse Saxon...??

I will eat a slice of humbal-pie if its the monkeys playing Dubai. :oops: