Real reason for UK tour postponment

motorheid said:
Its not a conspiracy theory Bert. Its a fact. The dates are there for all to see.

To cancel the very short (4 date) UK tour because of the fire was fine by me if Biff needed the time to sort things out. But to book to play the same date somewhere else (Dubai) is not good for all the long standing UK fans who have spent fortunes on Hotels, flights etc.

I can see why you're suspicious but we don't know what Biff needs to do to sort his accommodation problem out. It is a few days later than than the cancelled tour was scheduled. They were due in Bradford on the 20th. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they'll recompense us with an even better show in October! :headbang: What's this about flights? They must pay you too much! :D

:headbang:
bert said:
I can see why you're suspicious but we don't know what Biff needs to do to sort his accommodation problem out. It is a few days later than than the cancelled tour was scheduled. They were due in Bradford on the 20th. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they'll recompense us with an even better show in October! :headbang: What's this about flights? They must pay you too much! :D

Edinburgh was the 23rd.

Hope its the Mickey mouse guys for the desert though.

The flights were for friends of mine on this occasion. I just needed the bus as I live in Edinburgh. It was the eighties the last time they were here (I think). I guess I'm just pissed-0ff at having waited so long to see them in my home town once again. :hotjump:
I will be there in October though Bert, have no doubt. :headbang:

valanx said:
Those Bastards.

in case that is true, maybe there isnt any illegal thing using the Saxon name, because the verdict of the lawyer was in relation to the territory of Europe..and not in that area in the dessert Middle East (!?) Hope the current Saxon management will take nessecarry steps....Those people in M.E. deserve the real Saxon and not the fakers ( the only one I can accept from the micky-mouse Saxon is Graham Oliver because I like his guitar-playing)! Im against historic falsification!!!!

The whole European tour (not just the 4 UK dates) has been rescheduled to October due to the unfortunate fire incident at Biff's house.

The Dubai show has been known for a while but has never been confirmed (and still to this date has not been confirmed) by Saxon's management. It is typical of the internet and promoters to publish info far before any real news is released.

Once again, only when shows are confirmed by the Saxon management will they appear on www.saxon747.com. If it is not published, then they are not playing.

Saxon are currently selectively picking shows to do to remain active whilst the above incident is resolved.

Thanks for that, Vince.
Like Fingers has stated, lets try and forget about negative rumours etc.

On the positive side, I think it is bloody great that Biff and the guys are being 'selective' and looking at what they can get involved with whilst the tour delay occurs. It indicates that the band are feeling very confident and active. I think it is a great thing that they are looking into playing festivals and such. The band are on a high at the moment and will any opportunity to advertise themselves to the unitiated should be praised and encouraged.
It appears that Saxon will be playing the UK no matter what - so all we have to do is wait a little longer than we anticipated!

Hails everyone !

It is true , Saxon will be playing in the Desert Rock Festival in Dubai , U.A.E !

I myself live in the U.A.E , and i just bought my ticket for the festival which is in 3 days , here is the website of the main sponsor http://www.csmentertains.com/desertrock2005.html

It's going to be a one night gig , so i dont think that will prevent Saxon from continuing their tour in UK and other parts of the world!

Ahh well , im extremely excited and cant wait to see Saxon live for the very first time in my life , it sure will be a huge evening :headbang:

Cheers.

very nice for you people in the dessert...Hellf1re. :hotjump:

(So the show is now confirmed by the management?...well put it on this board I should say..o.k. I will stop now:ill: )

HellF1re said:
Hails everyone !
Ahh well , im extremely excited and cant wait to see Saxon live for the very first time in my life , it sure will be a huge evening :headbang:

Cheers.

I know that feeling Hellf1re...it gives chickenskin..maybe you are into a nice review from that Saxon gig and can put it on this website (Setlist etc..?)? Maybe you can make some pictures, you r the closest one, I suppose..wish you a wonderfull exprience. I think that the guests on this board will appreciate that a lot..Thanx!:wave:

Well, seems like the main organisers have fucked up .
Rumors say that they have made a deal with the management , which gave them the greenlight , without asking the band first !

So now the news are that Saxon most probably wont be performing in the Desert Rock festival with Sepultura and Machinehead !!

Damn , i was really looking forward to see Saxon live :yell: !

If all this is credible information, I advise the band to go and get new management!
This kind of mis-management will only have an adverse effect for the band in regard to the world-wide fans!
Biff - I work within the legal/law sector. If you want someone barely competent to organise things, give me a buzz!
Of course, I'm joking... or am I? How can a management firm perform such an error?
If the management involved had a better communication level with the official site, these things would never happen, simply because the management firm would be aware that they were being monitored!
I understand that the internet has a record of fabrication and the supply of false information, but if these, apparently, professional people did their job competently there would be no reason for such rumours etc. And, therefore, fans would not become disappointed, shocked or insulted! These after-effects will only have a negative effect on the band's long-term rapport with its supporters, and therefore, the life-span of the band itself!

nightwar said:
If all this is credible information, I advise the band to go and get new management!

I fully agree with you nightwar. "Cut out the disease, cut out the management! "All those stupid "overhead" = all those intermediars. I hope one day the music industry will get rid off those managers. Let the band be the leader of the tribe!!! (=They are the workers + roadcrew= workers) and then with a good communication with the official website or a fan-site with fans to support..and now I will stop my entry forgood on this topic:err:

Well, I don't want to bore everyone by going on about it again, but... All you have to see is what Marillion have achieved over the last couple of years by being their own promoters, agents and managers. By exploiting the interNet and focusing on maintaining their current fanbase with regular feedback and such, they've extended their careers by another decade! Saxon are in a similiar position. With 'LionHeart' they've hit a creative peak to be proud of and should look at making the very most of it! Fans are easily upset, yet hard to detach. But they do need to be made to feel important (because they are!) or you have the fear factor of dis-satisfaction occuring, resulting in lack of interest, poor sales etc.
Biff is obviously a very wise guy, when it comes to business, so I'm sure he is looking into it. All I can say is, "Biff, give these guys a boot up the ass! Sack 'em or tell them that you want an effective communication link created for your customers or you will kick 'em out of contract!"

The recent newsletter from the official site:

"Unfortunately we have to notify you, that Biff Byford the leadsinger and founder of the band SAXON has undergone a serious tragedy at his home. Due a fire at his home in france, his house is completely burnt down. Apart from a few bits and pieces everything has been destroyed.
He was able to rescue his wife and their four small children. They are all doing well at the moment, considering the circumstances. He has lost almost everything that he has gained the last 25 years including golden records, rare guitars, photos, souvenirs etc.

We already needed to cancel and postpone the tour in europe in march, but the situation forces us now to postpone also Dubai, South America and USA, which is a massive disappointment for our great fans.

Unfortunately it is impossible for Biff to leave his wife and kids alone at home, because the children have suffered a traumatic experience and they are frightened that there will be more fires in the future (the youngest are 5 year old and cannot understand of course). So because of this Biff cannot expect his wife to cope alone. Everybody that has a family will understand how important this is.

SAXON will postpone the tours in europe (already confirmed !), southamerika & US Amerika to fall 2005 and will do the Desert Rock Festival
In Dubai 2006 !"

Please check out the website (www.saxon747.com) for any news.

- A big 'Thank You' for the guys that sent out the newsletter, informing us fans of the severe damage that this incident has caused Biff and his family. I, personally, was unaware that so much of Biff's past was destroyed in the fire. I know that Biff was hoping to eventually release a book about all his exploits and adventures - this will obviously effect that future project in a severe way.
All my love to Biff and his family - let's hope Biff maintains a 'Never Surrender' attitude and gets back on track as soon as he has his domestic life sorted out.

Indeed. Now everyone stop whinging and bear in mind some things are more important than a rock gig.

Best of luck Biff & family. See you down the front for 2006! :headbang:

Paxoman said:
Cheers for that Nightwar. I don't think any of us realised just how bad the fire was, and how serious things were. It is perfectly understandable why the whole tour has been postponed.

Very true, all the best to Biff and family. :wave:

nightwar said:
Well, I don't want to bore everyone by going on about it again, but... All you have to see is what Marillion have achieved over the last couple of years by being their own promoters, agents and managers. By exploiting the interNet and focusing on maintaining their current fanbase with regular feedback and such, they've extended their careers by another decade! Saxon are in a similiar position. With 'LionHeart' they've hit a creative peak to be proud of and should look at making the very most of it! Fans are easily upset, yet hard to detach. But they do need to be made to feel important (because they are!) or you have the fear factor of dis-satisfaction occuring, resulting in lack of interest, poor sales etc.
Biff is obviously a very wise guy, when it comes to business, so I'm sure he is looking into it. All I can say is, "Biff, give these guys a boot up the ass! Sack 'em or tell them that you want an effective communication link created for your customers or you will kick 'em out of contract!"

Wise words with regard to the lack of communications and what appears to be bad mis/management. Many other bands on various levels keep their fans in the loop much better.