Realease info??

Thanks everyone... Gonna try to find it today. Dont hold out much hope though. Here where I live, if you're not looking for Justin Timberlake or Brittney Spears you're pretty much S.O.L.

Mark

Picked it up yeasterday!!! AWESOME!! Not what I was expecting at all!! Even Portnoy sounds good!! Im guessing Jim (Matheos) and Kevin (Moore) laid the law down to him about playing on it!!

Originally posted by rhavin2112
It is Portnoy's most subdued performance and it is getting the most comments! Ironic that the man does his best to show off in every song, but the one time he tones it down the masses take notice!

:D

His playing on this recording bumped him back up a few notches on my "Favorite Drummers" list... After the last two Dream Theater discs I came to REALLY detest his playing.

I've always believed that the mark of a good musician is to be able to play all the hard, fast, technical stuff... But the mark of a GREAT musician is knowing when NOT to.

Anymore than what was recorded on the OSI disc (from ANY of the members not just Portnoy) would have taken away from it.... The focus was on the song and the arrangment... And the musicians tailored their abilities to contribute to the overall design.