Reality TV ProgPower style - "The Promoter"

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I think one of the TV networks should sign Glenn up for his own reality show like Donald Trump's and call it, "The Promoter". I can just hear him with his cool southern drawl say, "You're Fireherrrd Dude". Shane DuBose and Jax could be his assistants, and everyone who thinks they know everything on this board could audition. I'd watch it!!! :headbang:

Another cool idea would be "The Sims" edition of ProgPower USA. The setting would be Earthlink live and you could choose from a variety of well known characters in PP history such as:

1. Glenn
2. Tobias Sammet
3. The hot bartender from Texas
4. Metal Rose
5. Bryant
6. Jon Oliva
7. Annonymous Stalker
8. Chris Roy (stage manager)
9. Terminator (security)
10. Glenn's runner
11. Grenada hotel manager
12. Ken Golden

Hmmmm.... ProgPower: the Game?

I think I could make something like that, although in order for it to actually be anything close to a sim, I'd need to consult with people who actually know what they're doing.

The Fiddler said:
Another cool idea would be "The Sims" edition of ProgPower USA. The setting would be Earthlink live and you could choose from a variety of well known characters in PP history such as:

1. Glenn
2. Tobias Sammet
4. Metal Rose
5. Bryant
6. Jon Oliva
7. Annonymous Stalker
9. Terminator (security)
10. Glenn's runner
12. Ken Golden

Can't Forget Mike Terrana's mohawk.

He's the sexiest drummer in the world.

Rob%20Halford's%20EARS%20are%20bigger%20than%20mine!.jpg

adaher said:
I think what would be even cooler is Glenn as a guest judge on American Idol.

I'd hope that Glenn would never have to go through the hell of listening to all of those awful singers! :devil: Now if they made a completely prog/power version American Idol, with only talented contestants, that would be great! Then the winner would get to play at PPVII!

adaher said:
What we need is for some of these younger ProgPower singers to try out.

So true.

Heck another good idea could be to have a "Making The Prog Band" reality show too, for Glenn to head up. That way guitarists, bass players, keyboardists and drummers get a chance too! Then the winner of that could play at a Prog Power as well.

The funny thing is, I don't even like reality shows. But if they made Prog ones and didn't have a bunch of contrived drama in them, I'd watch them!

If such shows were created, that would be a great way for Glenn to get more income (exposure and corporate sponsorship) for the festival! Then he could possibly afford whatever bands he'd want that are available.

Unca Kev said:
The funny thing is, I don't even like reality shows. But if they made Prog ones and didn't have a bunch of contrived drama in them, I'd watch them!

They'd be boring without the contrived drama though. :p

The Fiddler said:

1. Glenn
2. Tobias Sammet
4. Metal Rose
5. Bryant
6. Jon Oliva
7. Annonymous Stalker
9. Terminator (security)
10. Glenn's runner
12. Ken Golden

okay I know a few others that have to be added..

13. Chris Lotesto
14. Urban Breed
15. Andy B. Franck