Really Bad News

Unfortunately it's looking that way. Here is an article from Metal-rules.com. It has more info otherwise I wouldn't waste ppl's time. Well anyway's here it is:

PANTERA - No more??
Added Tuesday, January 21
Added By: EvilG <mailto:metalhead@metal-rules.com>
A Prepared Statement to Guitar World Readers From Dimebag Darrell...

"What's up with PANTERA? I'd like to know myself. I thought Pantera would be the Rolling Stones of heavy metal, but PHIL and REX seem content with doin' their own stuff.

It's really weird, but this is the clear-headed, honest truth: they've up and left us hangin' and won't let us know their intentions or future plans. For the last 20 years, my brother VINNIE and I have put our heart and soul into Pantera and we never thought this situation would ever happen to us. By now I thought for sure we would've done another record, but they don't seem to care how it affects Vinnie and I, or the road crew or, most of all, all the Pantera fans that have been so fuckin' awesomely great to us for so long. We've made several attempts to talk to those guys and they keep putting us off. This is not a situation we've created--it's a situation we've been forced into.

Bottom line, for Vinnie and me it's all about the music, kickin' ass and havin' a good time. So we've got together with some of our close buds and formed a new band called NEW FOUND POWER. The record is almost done and will be out soon. We've put 110 percent into it, just like we always do, so I guarantee you won't be let down. "

Dimebag Darrell
Source: Guitar World

It's bull.
Dimebag recently publicly spoke out about the fact he's heavily annoyed by Anselmo and Rex's side projects, causing Pantera's songwriting to be put on hold for ages.
Dimebag and Vinnie formed a new band because they can't sit still.
But Pantera didn't split up (yet?). They're just on a long break...

Dennis

[edit]See the article posted above this post, just a second before I posted :)[/edit]

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
SHIT!!! Philip Anselmo just said that those are RUMORS.... nothing else. Pantera hasn't split up... damn it

BY THE WAY. I JUST SAW ON A TV SHOW THAT PHILIP ANSELMO IS GAY.... not kidding.

I'd heard rumours which have been circulating for quite some time that he is bisexual. No big deal though.

And it's hard to know what to believe about bands sometimes. The internet is good for finding stuff, but it's also good at disseminating bullshit...

I never understood why....

People give half a shit about their sexuality, how they look or used to look or proving that they aren't hard-asses and shit. Just listen to the damn music, fuck what the band members think of guys and stuff. Today was my first day really getting a bunch of Pantera and they are pretty cool. If they were all 100% gay I wouldn't care, they make good music. Obviously some people care more about sexuality than music in a BAND. [/rant directed towards anyone who wants it, not anyone in specific]