Reaper - Change in sound

Dollarosa

Jan 17, 2009
Hey guys

I have strated to use reaper to edit my drum tracks. Now after I export the tracks then import them back into sonar, the sound of the tracks sound alot brighter and the low end is lacking abit. Don't know what I am doing wrong, has anyone noticed this? The editing is great and it doesn't sound phasey, just the sound changes quiet dramatically which is a problem considering I spend alot of time getting the sound I want in the tracking stage.

Thanks

exactly like that, thanks for the reply. I am probably doing something wrong, will check it out again

Don't export at a set bit depth/sample rate. Import/export at whatever the ORIGINAL bit depth/sample rate of the audio files is, using .WAV or .AIFF files - this way you won't be doing any unnecessary sample rate conversion.

Also, keep in mind that different DAWs may have different pan laws, which can affect the volume of anything panned towards center.

If you're importing/exporting with correct settings the actual audio files shouldn't change at all.

Are you using the consolidate feature to export the tracks? It bypasses all the plugs-in and panning you might have on the tracks, plus it's super efficient.

Eh, just keep em all in Reaper ;)

Jk, um, are you using master fx while editing? Because in theory (and logic) there should be no change in sound upon opening a wav in another DAW.