Reaper Error Msg: Initializing ASIO Driver

Robert W

May 13, 2009
Was wondering if anyone could here can help me figure out why I'm getting this error msg.

I'm using a Line6 GuitarPort as a DI. Here's a shot of the mixer,
PODmixer.png

Was using Riffworks as my DAW, output was set to stereo. Here's a shot of the Audio Setting,
RiffWorksAudioSetup.png

I recorded a riff and opened Reaper so as to add some VSTs to it and got this error msg,
ReaperErrorMsg.png

Here's a shot of the ASIO Preferences screen,
reaperErrormsgII.png

I don not know how to fix the problem. Could someone please advise?

I've gotten this error a few times... it usualy happens when I was working on a project and maybe going through an audio interface, and then later maybe opened up the same file without that particular piece of hardware connected. Do you still have the Guitarport connected when you're receiving this message?

I've gotten this error a few times... it usualy happens when I was working on a project and maybe going through an audio interface, and then later maybe opened up the same file without that particular piece of hardware connected. Do you still have the Guitarport connected when you're receiving this message?

The problem just cleared up on its own. I remember I got the msg after I switched from the GuitarPort to an Audio Box. That probably explains it.