REAPER - SSD4 + Metronome?!

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Here's my problem:

I have a bunch of MIDI drums laid out to default BPM of 120.

For certain blast beats, I want the metronome to double up to 240, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this without doubling the speed of all the MIDI (after the time sig marker) as well.

Tried the Timebase: Beats only, etc, with no luck.

Anyone? Or do I have to take the long road and manually stretch the MIDI out after I set the BPM higher?

Don't make it complicated, simply create the metronome .wav file, then edit it manually to a double speed version, and place this one where you want the metronome to double up without actually increasing the tempo. It should take literally 1Mn to do

EDIT : just in case it wasn't clear, instead of using the metronome sound out of nowhere, print it on a track called "clic" for example and from the .wav file you have there, you can cut a part of it, edit it to make it twice as fast, and therefore you have two versions of it. This way no need to mess up with the tempo map.

Have you tried just making the blast beats 16th notes, since 240 is the same as 120 doubled...

The easiest way is to just hold down "Alt", move the cursor to the edge of the clip (the cursor should be a hand) and push the midi clip to half the size which will double it's speed/tempo, obviously if you drag it out to double the size it will halve the speed/tempo, in Reaper holding down Alt and clicking the clip edge allows you to stretch midi or audio files effortlessly.

The easiest way is to just hold down "Alt", move the cursor to the edge of the clip (the cursor should be a hand) and push the midi clip to half the size which will double it's speed/tempo, obviously if you drag it out to double the size it will halve the speed/tempo, in Reaper holding down Alt and clicking the clip edge allows you to stretch midi or audio files effortlessly.

Yeah I was aware of that feature.

Setting the BPM to 4/8 did it for me though, real quick like.

Koowl, I should remember that then, for me the easiest is to just stretch whatever needs it quickly, which was pretty easy and quick but it's good to know there's an even quicker and easier way.

Koowl, I should remember that then, for me the easiest is to just stretch whatever needs it quickly, which was pretty easy and quick but it's good to know there's an even quicker and easier way.

Totally man. Click. SHIFT + C.

I'd much rather do that than stretch stuff. For some reason, when REAPER stamps the tracks (after stretched) "Playrate: +2.45" or whatever the case, it just irks me.