couple of reaper questions - MIDI

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
hey there,

sorta stupid question i guess, but is there a way to export e.g. a midi drumtrack as a midi file? in reaper obviously.
also, i wonder if there's a quicker way to erase all the tempo data like measures and time signatures etc? i'm thinking like erase old midi drums - erase all tempo data - import new midi drumtrack = done. so far i'm clicking on every time signature change etc to delete it manually after deleting a midi track.

and while not midi related, i wonder if there's a faster way to export certain tracks? for example exporting 4 rhythm guitar DI tracks to disk without using that render to mono stems and mute originals function? after all i don't want the DI's to be reimported into the session, and soloing every DI and then render the whole thing manually seems to take quite long.

once again sorry for the kinda newbish questions....:)

As far as exporting the midi track, open the midi file in the midi editor and then go to File, Export to new MIDI file. Done. If you have several smaller files that make up the entire drum track, Glue them together first.

You can right click on the tempo envelope's line or one of the points and go "Select all points" then simply press Delete. Or you can right click again on the line and choose to "delete selected points."

To export only certain tracks, select all the tracks you want to export then go up to File, Consolidate/Export Tracks... and then on the consolidate menu you can check the "Selected" tick under "Tracks." You can also choose other options like whether you want the project to be updated with these consolidated tracks or not.

Hope that helps.