Reasons behind Lars departure?...and where si he now?

Doom Monk

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2004
Solitude, United Arab Emirates
well i know thats its been almost a year since the departure of lars from the hypocrites, but i would really like to knwo the reasons behind it as lars has been with the band since its first day and it isnt easy leaving something u have been doing for about 15 years...and whuts he doing now?

cheers

From my interview with Peter about a year ago:
N: Is there anything you can say about Lars [former drummer] leaving the band, or is it personal?

PT: Let's put it this way: he hasn't own a drumset for 10 years. So there you go, how dedicated he is as a drummer.

sorry i don't have any links, but i think it was cause he was sick of the touring lifestyle. on their november 2003 tour they were sharing a bus and i think that was the breaking point where it became obvious that he wasn't happy. also if i remember he wanted to be at home with his wife(girlfriend?), i don't remember if he has kids. there was a news post on the site, not there anymore, but it said how Peter and Mikael and him got together after the tour and talked it out, so i thought they parted ways as friends.

-- said:
sorry i don't have any links, but i think it was cause he was sick of the touring lifestyle. on their november 2003 tour they were sharing a bus and i think that was the breaking point where it became obvious that he wasn't happy. also if i remember he wanted to be at home with his wife(girlfriend?), i don't remember if he has kids. there was a news post on the site, not there anymore, but it said how Peter and Mikael and him got together after the tour and talked it out, so i thought they parted ways as friends.

who the fuck wants to be with their wife? WTF:yell:

to add to this, Peter as interviewed about the new album and he was talking about how the new album will have more blast beats. I remember him saying something like "Lars was an AC/DC style drummer" which i would find that kind of insulting if i was Lars. Plus, lars is much better than a standard rock drummer (just listen to inferior devotes).