Reccommend me a complex band

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Sorry for the retarded sounding title... couldn't think of anything better. I really need to work on improving my single note picking speed (lately I've been working mostly on tremolo + fast power chord riffing)... and I'd rather avoid just playing scales cause it's so boring. So I need somebody to please reccommend a band that has lots of quick single note progressions (and that I can find a tab of). I would've gone with Arsis but they down tune to C and I've got a floyd rose locking trem guitar so it's kind of a hassle.

Sorry for the retarded sounding title... couldn't think of anything better. I really need to work on improving my single note picking speed (lately I've been working mostly on tremolo + fast power chord riffing)... and I'd rather avoid just playing scales cause it's so boring. So I need somebody to please reccommend a band that has lots of quick single note progressions (and that I can find a tab of). I would've gone with Arsis but they down tune to C and I've got a floyd rose locking trem guitar so it's kind of a hassle.

I know what your talking about and i feel for you dude :p , i blocked up my beast because i couldn't tune the fucker :mad: . No whammy, but now i can play what songs i want and tune in seconds, smooooth.

I suggest...
The chasm, tabs might be hard to find though

I know what your talking about and i feel for you dude :p , i blocked up my beast because i couldn't tune the fucker :mad: . No whammy, but now i can play what songs i want and tune in seconds, smooooth.

I suggest...
The chasm, tabs might be hard to find though

Yeah I'm thinking about blocking mine off too, I can tune it fine, but I can't go into alternate tunings (obviously). I don't use the whammy frequently anyways. I'm kinda worried about blocking it though, don't wanna screw anything up. You know of any site w/ directions? How long did it take you? I got an Ibanez RG550 what do you have?

I blocked my Floyd Rose because I rarely use(d) it. best decision I made

anyway. Why not just check out a bunch of tech metal bands? They're complex...Spiral Architect, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Psychotic Waltz....

or learn some Jazz solo lines

I blocked my Floyd Rose because I rarely use(d) it. best decision I made

anyway. Why not just check out a bunch of tech metal bands? They're complex...Spiral Architect, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Psychotic Waltz....

or learn some Jazz solo lines

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Leiland... how hard is it to do and do you know of somewhere with instructions?

Thanks for the jazz-metal reccommendations... shoulda thought of that. Atheist use standard tuning right?

I got a bc rich beast. Sorry i looked around for ya on the net, but all i could find was sites saying "blocking should be done by a qualified guitar repairman"
I just opened mine up and jammed some wood in there... yeah i'm a ruff bastard but i dont think it will wreck it.

yeah I just took mine to the local guitar repair shop and it only cost me like $5.

not sure though as to what bands use what tunings though

I'm not really a musician so I don't what you are exactly looknig for in term of complexity:

Atheretic - Apocalyptic nature fury
Gorguts - Obscura
Spiral architect - A Sceptic's Universe
Electro Quarterstaff - Gretzky
Demilich - Nespithe
Theory in pratice - Colonizing the sun
Believer - Sanity obscure

Status
Not open for further replies.