RECOMENDATION: MAMMATUS - S/T...Stoner/Psychedelic (that one with the awesome cover)

neal

wizard in black
Dec 17, 2001
california
Visit site
MAMMATUS - S/T

front-coverweb.jpg

With amazing artwork and cool song titles i dont think this needs a big write up...heavy, stoney psychedelic rock from Santa Cruz, CA with awesome grooves and plenty of effects-soaked shreadding. several weeks ago i saw em on acid and it was fuckin rad. here's some tracks:

1. The Righteous Path Through The Forest Of Old
2. The Outer Rime
3. Dragon Of The Deep Part One
4. Dragon Of The Deep Part Two

www.mammatus.org - official site with reviews and links to places you can buy it
www.holymountain.com - record label
www.myspace.com/mammatus - has some clips and old versions of songs

i can also upload the more spacy (yet still rockin) Dragon Pt Two (22 min!) as well if the interest is there.

I downloaded this one a while ago since you've been pimpin' it out, but haven't listened to much yet. I will give this one a thorough listen sometime!

Proof that cool image/cover art can make a difference.

Downloading. Killer cover art.

Pretty okay. Well now that the vocals are coming in it's getting better. Second song didn't work. Stupid jewsendshit.

EDIT: Yeah I'm pretty much sold on this one. :kickass:

listened to this album this morning! whoa, great stuff! I'm hoping they've released an LP, since that cover art is so darn cool. Dragon Part II is unruly.

edit: good.. good.... ATH has the LP. And Arik Roper did that cover art, that explains the awesomeness! :headbang:

glad you dudes are diggin it :kickass:
Chromatose said:
edit: good.. good.... ATH has the LP. And Arik Roper did that cover art, that explains the awesomeness! :headbang:
yes, i had intended to include both of these facts in my original post, but uhhh, forgot.

In terms of album covers:

s/t > The Coast Explodes

In terms of music:

The Coast Explodes > s/t

Overall verdict for both:

:danceboy:

Actually the s/t is really good too, it just does not stand out from the rest of the stoner production that much stylewise, The Coast Explodes is just so ultimately refreshing in shape and sound.

And hooray for the return of Doomcifer's wanking ape!!!