Recommend Bands for adding to our roster?

I think we definately need to find bands out there that are willing to bust their asses to promote their stuff.. I.E. playing shows, touring, pimping their band on message boards, getting their stuff out on blabbermouth/myspace, etc. I think that would make a world of difference with sales and it'll bring more attention to the label.

I mean..Oak Knoll has a pretty kickass roster...so I think if we just find one "touchstone" good selling act ...the rest of the roster is going to benefit from it.

Withersoul said:
I mean..Oak Knoll has a pretty kickass roster...so I think if we just find one "touchstone" good selling act ...the rest of the roster is going to benefit from it.

Definitely! I agree with you. But do you think should they be a well-known band in the scene or an unsigned band with full potential? For the time being, Oak Knoll is not a very big label so it can be hard to attract a good selling act. But with a good distribution and promotion offer, I guess it could be.

Ok with all these bands mentioned - can you guys (Ivo and William) contact them on our behalf to have them send demos... and perhaps email me?
Maybe we should have some virtual online meetings to play tunes and chat oak knoll :) Global conference call hehe!

Oak Knoll said:
I was thinking Ari (did I spell it right?), maybe you can volunteer to help us get our Oak Knoll tracks into Metalstorm. Act on our behalf? I can work with you on this and get you some free cds in return.

sent an email to the guy in charge of the monthly compilation and metalstorm radio on OKP's behalf, hopefully will hear something back soon.

(and yes you spelled it right)

again, I reccomend A)

In Vain - the new demo is coming soon, I've heard it and it's sick! The little brother of Lazare in Solefald/Borknagar etc is doing vocals/keyboard.

www.invain.org - drop them a email and ask for the spanking new demo "Wounds". Mixture of opeth/emperor. Great production, vocals, drums, guitars..mrr.

The fall of every season:

www.home.no/marse

great doom!

I think it's better to see this thread under Inner Circle. Because some messages are directly related with Oak Knoll. But the choice is yours...

Maybe another independent thread in public area could be better.