Recommend me a game for the next few weeks

TimTomTum

Jan 14, 2011
Hey peeps,

I am in a seldom situatio where I got some free time for myself, no studies, no work, just chilling, meeting people, music and sports.
And I want to game some, just got a new graphics card.
I really enjoyed the following games:
Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins and Deus Ex: Machina Human Revelation
What's the shizzle at the moment and what would you recommed seeing my history?
I love RPGs, good graphics, good storys and new concepts.
I don't wanna play MMOs and I kinda dislike shooters (Deus Ex has those elements but a good skill system and plot)
Gimme some input :Spin:

Cheers!

Witcher is a good tip I think. Especially the 2nd, the first is great as well but really old now. Also check out the trailers for The Witcher 3.
You could also check out Mass Effect 1-3 if you haven't already played it. Similar to Deus Ex it's also kinda a Shooter, but mostly a fucking epic story driven RPG / actiongame.

I haven't played a lot of games since I got a card upgrade, but I would recommend Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands (*play it on intermediate level, at least).
Not the latest game, but it's quite good imo:

Beware if you're afraid of heights though, the game will keep you dizzy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely Dark Souls, isn't a whole lot in the way of story/music but the combat is awesome. Incredibly difficult game but the challenge of it is insanely addictive.

Mount and Blade Warband is great fun. Graphics are shit tier but if you can get past them you'll have a blast. Some excellent mods too although the regular game is worth playing.

I'd agree with the Dragon Age: Inquisition choice. It's incredibly long. And it's been keeping my attention. Far Cry 4 was pretty fun as well. It's a shooter but it's not as in your face like in Call Of Duty. There's a pretty good plot with some decision aspect and the shooting sequences are incredibly easy.

I've been playing Dying Light a lot lately. Shitting my pants the moment night falls is a reoccurring thing with me, I definitely recommend you check it out

I dunno about these new fangled RPG's. I've been playing through Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPhone and loving it way more than when I tried to slog through the witcher and dragon age.

Play some old shit!

Mass Effect series - The conclusion/ending sucks balls though.
Fallout 3 and then Fallout: New Vegas - "Like Skyrim with guns."
Bioshock - It's a shooter, but the story is great.
Portal 1 and 2 - great games with fun writing.
In the same vein as Portal but shorter - Antichamber and The Stanley Parable

Personally I'm a sucker for Point & Click games, but those above are in the first person "exploration"..

Dishonored was my favorite game of last gen. The story is very succinct and everything in the dialogue or notes you find is useful for gameplay, there is absolutely no fluff in the game. It feels like an rpg for people bored with conventional fantasy settings and leveling up and all those staples. If you want a massive world with conversation to be had with the locals that serve no purpose this is not the game for you.

I remembered that I have The Witcher 2 on Steam, thanks for the heads up! Enjoying it quite a bit right now! Will probably buy The Witcher 3 when its out, dun know about Inquisition. So much games to game haha