Recommend Me Some Easy Solos!

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
I have been playing ma guitar for about 6-7 months now. I know a few (REALLY) easy solos such as: Hypocrisy's Eraser, In Flames' Only for the Weak + The Jester Race, Opeth's Leper Affinity, Norther's Norther and so on. I was wondering if any of you guitar players out there could recommend me a solo that is on the easier side of things (kind of like these, maybe a bit more challenging). Nothing too crazy though. Thanks

Try some Children Of Bodom's sweeps like Towards dead end's intro or Warheart's pre-chorus or Hatebreeder's ones...
For the solos try Silent night Bodom night and Bed of razors...

Learn to play it slower...

If those are too hard for you, try some Dark Tranquillity's (like Monochromatic Stains, Zodijackyl Light, Sun fired blanks ecc...)

Try stuff by Metallica. Classic, brilliant songs, not complicated, most of it is pentatonics going up and down. Practices your fingers and basic knowledge. Fade to Black <3

The Don said:
I haven't really done much tapping at all. Is that a good one to start with?

Yes for tapping, an easier one is in Amon Amarth's song 'Death In Fire' it has an easy tapping part, then after that there is a normal solo which is easy too.

Great thanks guys! I found and learned the DT solo right away. It sounds really good but it's WAAAAYYY too easy. Can I get another solo with some tapping that is maybe more like a medium difficulty? Thanks again!

You could try the solo to Metallica - One, but that might be a bit too hard for you lol Van Halen - Eruption has some great tapping parts in it too. AC/DC - Thunderstruck has a tapping intro not very hard though.
Bands like Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork often use tapping for their solos more than normal shredding.
Examples:
Soilwork - Shadowchild (there is a really good tapping part in the solo somewhere)
Dark Tranquillity - Cornered (has some tapping in the chorus)
Iron Maiden - The Trooper (has some tapping in the solos somewhere)
Iron Maiden - Aces High (i believe that has some tapping)
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Symphony X - Loads of songs but quite challenging.

Check out more songs by these bands they use tapping quite a lot.
Also look out for some of Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen's work they have a lot of tapping

just learn some classic rock stuff learn some metallica like jump in the fire that is easy and it will get you used to some easy g mior pentatonic blues scales then learn some pantera like mouth for war playin that straight through will give you arm strength mean while keep your chops and music theory up by learning scales, i like phrygian and harmonic minors and incorporate finger exercises while practicing technique. it helps to learn how to read music and will extend your musical skills farther than most would think. have fun and freestyle play to get your ear to learn what sounds good and what sounds bad

Any of the slower Metallica solos are very easy like the intro in Fade to Black or the first and second ones in One. The second is especially good cause its a good way to start tapping if you haven't already done any.