Recommend some American shows for an Aussie

di0de

Jul 2, 2009
Brunswick, Melbourne Australia
Hi guys,

I'll be heading to America in June for a friends wedding and am most likely going to be over there for 4 weeks so i'd be quite keen to check out some bands.

I should be in San Fran from the 8th of June to the 16th and after that i'll be making my way down the coast to Vegas and then LA for the week after as part of our road trip.

Prior to this I am looking to spend a week in New York and maybe hire a car to travel across the country to the west coast.

Hit me up with any and all sorts of bands worth checking out, i'm easy going :)

Hey man, sounds like a killer trip! Should be a ton going on in SF, as that's where the bay area thrash scene started of course. LA has a good scene with the Whiskey A Go Go, Key Club, and House Of Blues all on the Sunset Strip. Vegas not so much from what I hear - Powermaker Radio is based there and you could reach out to him, he's a friend of mine.

Not too familiar with the NY scene but I'm sure it won't be hard to find something.

Also, the drive from NY to SF is going to be like 3500 miles or something....that'll take you a solid week by itself if you do that.

Sweet, sounds awesome dude.

I have to sit down with a couple mates and work out what we'd like to see driving across America, if there isn't too much then maybe we will drive a bit and then fly the rest of the day. Gotta make sure I am in SF for the bachelor party of course ;)