Recommendation: Desaster - Angelwhore (2005)

The old vocalist was better. The only reason I recommended this new album over an old one was because I didnt have any old mp3s available :).

Anyone got any old MP3s available? I'd like to hear their different vocalist, since those vocals weren't totally my thing.

Yeah, I can see similarities to D666 but a different class for sure. Actually, to be perfectly honest, the first track is pretty run of the mill, although I like that bass line solo about half way through.

Tranq said:
They have a clear oldschool vibe and play dirty black tinged thrash/heavy metal. This is not a 9/10 record but perhaps an 8/10. For fans of Deströyer 666 and similar bands

Yeah. Thing is, I've yet to hear a D666 10/10 buy or die album myself. D666 have moments of genius, no doubt, but they haven't achieved perfection yet. Terror Abraxas could be the closest they've got, with Phoenix a close 2nd.

Listening to Desaster's 666 Satan's Soldiers Syndicate. The album supposedly features Proscriptor from Absu/Melechesh, Asmehdi from Melechesh, and NEMTHEANGAAARGH....but for the life of me there's no telling where any of these folks pop up. I heard it was on one track only, "Angel Extermination", but I can't make out any cameo appearances. If anyone has any clues....

yeah so if KK Warslut and Nemtheanga ever collaborate, it'll probably sound a lot like "Tyrannizer".

Absolutely marvelous. :kickass:

EDIT: Nemtheanga has such distinct vocals, he shows up, sings a couple of verses on this tune and turns a great song into an excellent song.

EDIT: Nemtheanga has such distinct vocals, he shows up, sings a couple of verses on this tune and turns a great song into an excellent song.

Actually his part is pretty much Primordial all over. This new album is a little one-dimensional alas. Some more epic shit like on "Hellfire's Dominion" would have been welcome.