www.royalcarnage.com
GODS OF FIRE
Demo EP -- released 2002
Homepage

gof_cover.gif

01. Nectar of the Gods
02. City of Gold
03. My Evil Arms

[Beware production bigots: This is underground, self-released, bullet belt wearing, top hat & corpse paint, half naked sluts, coffins & skulls, jack the ripper heavy metal]

I saw this band supporting THE IRON MAIDENS (yeah, that all girl cover band) a few years back. Apparently they've since released a full length CD. This is total heavy metal worship: beer guzzling, flamboyant theatrics, stage props galore, even if they're playing in some hole-in-the-wall in front of 20 people, it's all one big unstoppable metal juggernaut.

Thing is, the music speaks for itself. Dual guitar harmonies, galloping basslines, and surprisingly good vocals. It's a five man band, they all live in NYC, they play all the time down in the village, and it doesn't cost more than $5 to see them (and a whole host of other bands).

DRINK! FROM THE NECTAR OF THE GODS
METAL! WILL RULE THE WORLD AGAIN

:kickass:

This is definitely good. They are good at what they do...BUT...They just need to incorporate more Gods of FIre into their music. If you know what I mean.

About fucking time someone starts recommending good, actual METAL music.

edit: I really like how they go into that epilogue at the end of the song.

You just gave me a great idea for a recommendation. Now I have to scrap my initial plans...

This song have been lurking somewhere in back of my head for a couple of weeks now and the obvious conclusion is that this rocks, a lot actually. Its extreme cheesiness does, for some reason unknown, not put me off. A really cool recomendation, but too bad it seems to have been pretty much over looked