Recommendation: Judas Priest- Sin after Sin

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
Alright, well jewsendit was giving me trouble, so this is a little late.
First off, right off the bat I would hope all if not the majority of those on this forum are familiar with Judas Priest in at least some capacity. "Sin after Sin" falls directly after "Sad Wings of Destiny" and "Stained Class" in the preist discography, so dont expect "Painkiller" here. The number one thing that strikes me about this album is the vareity in music found on this album. From the opener "Sinner" with a 2 minute psychadelic solo break to the metal as all hell closer "Dissident Aggressor", this album runs a pretty wide gamut of musical stylings for Judas Priest. "Last Rose of Summer" sounds like it could come right off of a Led Zepplin album even. Anyway, listen to the damn songs.

sinaftersin1nz.jpg

1. Sinner
2. Diamonds and Rust
3. Starbreaker
4. Last Rose of Summer
5. Let us Prey/Call for the Priest
6. Raw Deal
7. Here some the Tears
8. Dissident Aggressor

I wonder how many people have actually heard this album, even if they are familliar with Priest? Here Come the Tears is also a brilliant fucking musical moment, and if you listen you can really hear just how damned good Halford's vocal control is on this album. Everyone tends to focus on his range and power, but on some of these older albums, you can here a man with complete control over his voice and an incredible ability to emote over just about any kind of song.

This is my second favorite Priest album, next to Turbo. So technically, it is my favorite Priest album, since Turbo I only like for its cheese.

I wonder how many people have actually heard this album, even if they are familliar with Priest? Here Come the Tears is also a brilliant fucking musical moment, and if you listen you can really hear just how damned good Halford's vocal control is on this album. Everyone tends to focus on his range and power, but on some of these older albums, you can here a man with complete control over his voice and an incredible ability to emote over just about any kind of song.

Yea, that has to be one of my favourite vocal performances by him. I seriously almost uploaded the whole album, but I suppose I want people to buy it. And yea, I NEVER hear anyone mention this album, that was another big reason behind my choice to reco it.

Sad Wings through Stained Class is one of the true finest strings of albums ever put out by any band ever.

That youtube footage of them doing an "unplugged" version of Diamonds and Rust is really good. It's very recent and still Halford has the pipes.

70s priest = the best priest
Underrated album for sure, no doubt about that.

Much as I love various albums of their 80s work, this statement is undeniably true. If I had to slice metal down to twenty absolutely essential moments, Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class would be in the top eight, without a doubt, and likely in the top five.

I wanna pitch in and say that Starbreaker is a very cool song. Arch Enemy made a successful cover of it where they brutalized it a bit.

Much as I love various albums of their 80s work, this statement is undeniably true. If I had to slice metal down to twenty absolutely essential moments, Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class would be in the top eight, without a doubt, and likely in the top five.

Has anyone ever seen the release dates of these Priest albums? Seriously, they were coming out with this stuff every 12 months for several years.

That was such a creative time in metal, you know the riffs were just pouring out of Tipton and Downing's fingers.

I love 70's Priest in a totally gay way. Sad Wings was in my car CD player for weeks and weeks last summer. This album is the one I have listened to the least however.