RECOMMENDATION: Sabbath Assembly - Ye Are Gods

Dr. Pete

Asian Frank
Dec 12, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Sabbath Assembly is a weird, yet compelling band that features ex-Hammers of Misfortune member Jamie Myers. Their latest album Ye are Gods presents hymns from the Process Church of the Final Judgment, and is an album that is a challenging listen.

The neofolk influences are intertwined with 60's and 70's prog rock and are a backdrop to the cult-like vocals. The mix of those elements provide something that will stick in your consciousness for a while.

Here are a couple of tracks from that album:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had JayK hit on Jamie Myers for me through a Mike Scalzi interview once back in the OGRC days.

Will listen later!

saw these guys live at Stella Natura back in september. they sounded really good and the music was pretty cool but the lyrics/vocals are cheesy at times and there is too much singing.

edit: is the whole album like these songs? cause live they were like, a rock band with drums and electric guitar.

saw these guys live at Stella Natura back in september. they sounded really good and the music was pretty cool but the lyrics/vocals are cheesy at times and there is too much singing.

edit: is the whole album like these songs? cause live they were like, a rock band with drums and electric guitar.

Slightly off-topic, how was Stella Natura? I'm considering going to the next one.

Back on topic, the entire album is pretty much like the songs posted. It's definitely an acquired taste.

Stella Natura was fuckin awesome in pretty much every way.

we camped at the extreme other end of the property from where the fest was happening so we had to walk up a bunch of goddamn hills all the time and i was pretty faded on beer and ganja treats all weekend so i got a little sick of staggering up hills all the damn time, but the fest itself ruled. great lineup and you cant ask for better scenery and atmosphere than tahoe national forest, by day with trees and mountains all around and at night with giant bonfires and the blackness of being in the middle of nowhere.

2013 has so far confirmed StarGazer, Velnias, Wardruna's only NA show, and more. i am definitely going again.

Stella Natura was fuckin awesome in pretty much every way.

we camped at the extreme other end of the property from where the fest was happening so we had to walk up a bunch of goddamn hills all the time and i was pretty faded on beer and ganja treats all weekend so i got a little sick of staggering up hills all the damn time, but the fest itself ruled. great lineup and you cant ask for better scenery and atmosphere than tahoe national forest, by day with trees and mountains all around and at night with giant bonfires and the blackness of being in the middle of nowhere.

2013 has so far confirmed StarGazer, Velnias, Wardruna's only NA show, and more. i am definitely going again.

I want to go

Just might, I haven't been up to NorCal for a few years, I'm about due for a visit. It'll probably depend on what bands are there, but it looks really fucking cool either way.

Didn't really dig the three songs I listened to, but this doesn't seem like a band that can be quickly digested. Might investigate further later...