Recommendation- Thorns of The Carrion - The Scarlet Tapestry

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
:kickass:

This is doom metal at it's most pinnacle state. Lenghty, slow-moving, and beautifully miserable. What we have here folks, are 9 tracks of despair that would put a person forlorn from the loss of a fornicating friend straight to the brink of suicide! For those of us out there who are in a stronger state of mental capacity, Thorns of the Carrion offer beautiful majestic melodies that place you straight in to the dismal world that their romantically dark cover art depicts. This is bombastic atmospheric doom metal in it's darkest hour, with vocals ranging from grunting, to screaming, to absolutely beautiful clean vocals sung with such a delivery most of you would let go of your mouse and sit back in dreadful awe. Throw your copies of Turn Loose the Swans in the trash, as this album eclipses the very best albums the doom genre has to offer. And if you disagree, you can take a hike on a Dallas MTA bus. This is the audiogenic coup'de'grace to your withered souls! So sit back and enjoy!

thorns.jpg

1. Cry The Everstill Dream
2. Tears For The Raven Muse
3.The Tragedy Of Melpomene
4. Bleak Thorn Laurels
5. The Drifting Snow
6. Beautiful Thorns To Caress The Girl
7. By The Brilliance Of Candlelight
8. Memories Forever Unadorned
9. The Ashen Embrace

Limited to a Pressing of 2000+, this is one you may have a hard time getting your paws on. I believe it was Allen Scott who I spoke with regarding acquiring an album from the band themselves, low and behold the only copy he possessed was one sole personal copy. I purchased mine from Dark Horizons, but I sadly state that that was probably their last.

Well I went straight to "Memories Forever Unadorned" after Erik's comment, and this sounds pretty outstanding. That's the only track I have listened to so far but already this would be a definite buy, if I could find it available anywhere. Anyone else got any ideas about where to get hold of this?

This album is OOP 4EVA SOL X 18. For those who want it in it's entirety, PM me and I'll give you the rest of the album via yousendWelkennatchen. Music this good must be heard!!!