Recommendation: Venenum

Anom@nder Rake

lives on the internet
Sep 21, 2004
new jersey, usa
New band formed by the guitarist of the cult band Excoriate. I didn't know that when I first bought it and after listening I thought "shit, this sounds like Excoriate." This is a must listen for fans for Asphyx and contemporary death metal like Grave Miasma and Embrace of Thorns

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have sworn these lads were mentioned here before (by me), but a search bears no fruit. Don't even recall what they sound like, so big ups for bringing them back around the bend. Will get re-acquainted later.

I did talk about them a while back. Excellent EP indeed!

So is everyone launching their “official” recos out of turn now? I mean, I don’t see how it’s possible to forbid recommending music on a music board, but I seriously think there needs to be some measure of discipline to the exercise.

It’s virtually turned from a no music board into an overwhelming avalanche of threads in a matter of days…

It’s virtually turned from a no music board into an overwhelming avalanche of threads in a matter of days…

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

These are unofficial recos that have nothing to do with the forthcoming March Madness 2013, or the dedicated weekly stickies. It's silly to think that you can only recommend and discuss music on one's appointed week. Let the gates flood. :heh:

Yeah I really like this album also but it is not anywhere near as good as Excoriate.