Recommendations (II)?

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Hey, wondering if you "rivetheads" could help me out?
I have been rebuilding my collection of oldschool thrash bands.
#1) I have lost track of Overkill since their W.F.O. disc. Since then what are some discs that you would recommend I pick up(to catch up on the band)?
Here's another question:
#2) I noticed that the first couple In Flames discs have been reissued recently. I just got introduced to the band over the last year or so. Are these worth the dough? I think they have also issued import versions with bonus tracks of Whoracle & Clayman?
What about this?
#3) Anyone heard of Seven Witches? What do you think?

Thanks to all that helped the last time.:D

I've heard of Seven Witches with Jack Frost from Savatage and Metalium. I actually have met Jack Frost...but I have oddly not heard any of his new bands material! I hear they kick ass though...now I must go and get one of their albums!

For Overkill definetly check out "From The Underground and Below", "Necroshine", "Bloodletting", and the most recent live album "Wrecking Everything Live".

Don't know too much about In Flames.

Seven Witches are a great band. They have a new one coming out on April 9 called "Passage To The Otherside". I have heard some stuff from it already and it is great. "Dance With The Dead" is a great song. They also do a cover of Def Leppard's "Wasted" on the new album. I would start with that album or their 2002 release "Xiled To Infinity And One". Very good stuff.

TheGraveDigger said:
For Overkill definetly check out "From The Underground and Below", "Necroshine", "Bloodletting", and the most recent live album "Wrecking Everything Live".

Don't know too much about In Flames.

Seven Witches are a great band. They have a new one coming out on April 9 called "Passage To The Otherside". I have heard some stuff from it already and it is great. "Dance With The Dead" is a great song. They also do a cover of Def Leppard's "Wasted" on the new album. I would start with that album or their 2002 release "Xiled To Infinity And One". Very good stuff.

I have to pick up the Seven Witches disc. Picked up the Necroshine & Killing Kind from Overkill. I have a friend that owns a record store. He tried to order stuff from their Atlantic days & his ditributor told him they have been deleted?! I think Spitfire will reissue them like they did with Twisted Sister?! Thanks for the info:devil:

are you talking about the lunar strain/subterranean? if so then yeah it's good, but you don't have to get it.

sixxswine said:
#1) I have lost track of Overkill since their W.F.O. disc. Since then what are some discs that you would recommend I pick up(to catch up on the band)?

Both Overkill - Bloodletting and Necroshine are superb, and very much in the Overkill vein, only with a modern edge to them (i.e. they're even more aggressive than their late '80s/early-'90s stuff). If you're a fan of Overkill, these won't disappoint you. If you're not, these won't make you one.

#2) I noticed that the first couple In Flames discs have been reissued recently. I just got introduced to the band over the last year or so. Are these worth the dough? I think they have also issued import versions with bonus tracks of Whoracle & Clayman? What about this?

First off, asking for In Flames recommendations on the Old School Forum isn't going to get you much help. With that said, BOTH Lunar Strain/Subterranean and The Jester Race are the ONLY TWO ESSENTIAL In Flames' albums to own and considerably better than either Whoracle and (especially) Clayman.

#3) Anyone heard of Seven Witches? What do you think?

Don't know much about them and have never heard them.

sixxswine said:
Gotta keep a look out for that one.
Hey is it just me or is the Overkill stuff
after they left Atlantic records better?!
Necroshine & Killing Kind(which by the way are the only two that I have at this time) they are excellent!:D

I'v been listening to it all night KILLBOX13 IS FUCKING GREAT....Most of the albums have been better with exception to WFO and the years of decay To of my favorites there.

I'v seen them twice and met them once COOL dudes :headbang:

sixxswine said:
just got my used copy of "in the shadows" in the mail today. got a great deal on half.com.
great disc. i guess larz plays drums on the last track
return of the vampire. i think someone had mentioned this disc was a good one. great pick!

Thats a great album Another good one to get would be King Diamond The spiders Lullabye GOOOOOD shit on that one!!!

JonnyD said:
I'v been listening to it all night KILLBOX13 IS FUCKING GREAT....Most of the albums have been better with exception to WFO and the years of decay To of my favorites there.

I'v seen them twice and met them once COOL dudes :headbang:

Afetr listenin' to Overkill for the last couple weeks, I have to change my vote for most underrrated Thrash band. It's Overkill. They have kept crankin' out records & touring, since I lost track of what was goin' on with the band. That's THE HARDERST WORKING BAND IN METAL!
Next on My list:
WFO
KILLBOX 13
I also managed to check out their website.
How about that DVD?!
I was looking at the disc, but I usually pick up the DVD if there's a choice between cd or DVD.

sixxswine said:
Afetr listenin' to Overkill for the last couple weeks, I have to change my vote for most underrrated Thrash band. It's Overkill. They have kept crankin' out records & touring, since I lost track of what was goin' on with the band. That's THE HARDERST WORKING BAND IN METAL!
Next on My list:
WFO
KILLBOX 13
I also managed to check out their website.
How about that DVD?!
I was looking at the disc, but I usually pick up the DVD if there's a choice between cd or DVD.

Damn right bro. they really are the hardest workin band in metal they just dont stop.....the las t time I saw the there was like 300 ppl there they rocked like there was 10,000 ppl love overkill I havent seen the dvd yet my buddy jesse has it but I just havent gotten the chance to see it yet!!

RocK ON BRO. :headbang: