Recommendations Round 3 (This time for buying, not dloading)

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Yeh so i got a bunch of gift certificates to cd stores for christmas... and since its not my money i dont mind buying cds i'm not familiar with, so give me some more recommendations please

Isis - Panopticon
Pelican - Australasia
King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Sunn O))) - White2
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi/Hordanes Land 2CD re-issue
Fantomas - Delirivm Cordia
Katatonia - Brave Yester Days 2CD EPs Compilation

any of these rule

unless of course you're a WIMP and don't have any Iron Maiden or Judas Priest CDs whereupon you should buy some IMMEDIATELY OR uhh... I'll turn you over to Pyrus.

Yeah, how ARE your Priest and Maiden collections, anyway?

Check out WASP's The Crimson Idol, Drunkard's Hellish Metal Dominate, and if you somehow manage to find anything by Agony Column buy it posthaste. Oh yeah, the new Dismember, Where Ironcrosses Grow is pretty awesome.

More later. What kinda selection do these stores have?

hah i must admit that my classic metal collection is lacking. Thats not a bad idea.

And i already have the new dismember, and yah! it kicks ass.

Thanks for the recommendations, i shall consider!

But still... keep 'em coming!

PAATOS! Okay, Nico and Mr. Mortal's :)D) recommendations both kick major ass. Besides those, for some great metal that is still creative and experimental (not saying that metal isn't creative or experimental...), I would recommend Age of Silence-Acceleration. Also, In the Woods...-Omnio. For some technical insanity, possibly Spastic Ink, or of course, if you don't have any, Watchtower. After that, there's always Kaada/Patton-Romances, John Zorn-Naked City, Pain of Salvation-Be (if you are in the mood for some artsy prog), Bela Fleck and the Flecktones-Flight of the Cosmic Hippo (come on, gotta have some variety), Mr. Bungle-Mr. Bungle (then immediately get Disco Volante and California), Frank Zappa-Hot Rats, Tom Waits-Swordfishtrombones, Kayo Dot-Choirs of the Eye, Modest Mouse-The Moon and Antarctica, Lovage-Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By, Stevie Ray Vaughan-Texas Flood, Faith No More-Angel Dust, and The Beatles-Abbey Road. While you're at it, you should also pick up Secret Chiefs 3-Book of Horizons. I doubt you'll like any of this my wolfie boy, which is precisely why I have recommended it to you.

you have to go out and buy Adagio - Underworld. It is a great album.